This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:All political polls are rigged one way or the other. Heck, I saw a poll that said some woman named Hillary would win presidential election back in 2016.
I received a phone call from a pollster once during election year for Senate. This was a liberal pollster, who tried to put answers to his questions in my head. I told him where he and his candidate could go, and I would never vote for a democrat. Haven't received anymore pollster calls.
Did you tell him he and his candidate could go to Burger King?
By LU 57
Class of 20Something wrote: September 10th, 2019, 12:29 pm For added social media drama the "Only Girls LU" Facebook group was archived today. This article was shared there yesterday. That group had tens of thousands of members.
What is exactly does it mean to be "archived"? Shut down?
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
This is an embarrassing clown show. It's time to move on from the Jr reign at Liberty.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
That article was shared on the official university FB page. They eventually took it down but I have a screenshot. Not sure how to post that.

This is getting embarrassing
By Jonathan Carone
For 21 years, I have maintained an impeccable reputation for documenting Miami Beach’s storied social scene.

We wholly reject Jerry Falwell Jr.’s baseless allegation in yesterday’s Politico report by Brandon Ambrosino that one of our pictures was “photo-shopped” or manipulated in any fashion.

We, in fact, did not know Politico’s purpose for licensing the image and were as surprised as anyone to discover that Mr. Falwell was among the partygoers we photographed on July 19, 2014 at WALL Lounge.

As a result, we reviewed all the images we have from the event and discovered an additional four photos that include Mr. Falwell and two more of his son.

— Seth Browarnik, founder World Red Eye
https://worldredeye.com/2019/09/rebuke- ... e-article/
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I absolutely do not care that he was at a club, although I do find it fairly lame that someone his age was. However I'm excited to find out why he's lying about it.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I think the thing is all of the emails are considered the property of LU and everyone signed confidentiality agreements agreeing they wouldn't give them to Brandon. But I'm no lawyer so I dont know if that's a criminal or civil thing. HENCE, BEING ANONYMOUS.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
That kind of crap just reinforces the culture of fear that he’s created, and was documented in the article. If he wanted to dispute that claim, he could just say “I did not intend for university employees to feel this way...etc” Instead, he’s essentially doubling down. Such a Trump move.
By Jonathan Carone
To everyone dismissing this article because of anonymous sources or Politico's owner or whatever, I want to share four paragraphs from the link ATrain mentioned earlier.

The author of this article about Jerry Jr wrote this about Dr. Falwell:
Well, what about Jerry Falwell himself? After all, he did blame 9/11 on the gays. He did make that remark during service about "even barnyard animals knowing better than that." He also did make certain to ban Soul Force, a gay-affirming Christian ministry, from stepping foot on our campus.

But what about when he opened the Liberty Godparent Home to take in unwanted children? Or when he hosted a forum on campus about homosexuality, and invited 100 prominent gay leaders to take part in the discussion? Or when he would drive around campus every night at lights-out to blow his horn and wave goodnight to all of us students?

When I think of Jerry Falwell, I don't think about him the way Bill Maher does. I think about the man who would wear a huge Blue Afro wig to our school games, or the man who slid down a waterslide in his suit, or the man who would allow himself to be mocked during our coffeehouse shows. I think about the man who reminded us every time he addressed our student body that God loved us, that he loved us, and that he was always available if ever we needed him.

I never told Dr. Falwell that I was gay; but I wouldn't have been afraid of his response. Would he have thought homosexuality was an abomination? Yes. Would he have thought it was God's intention for me to be straight? Yes. But would he have wanted to stone me? No. And if there were some that would've wanted to stone me, I can imagine Jerry Falwell, with his fat smile, telling all of my accusers to go home and pray because they were wicked people.
So you can spin this how you want or bury your head in the sand, but the writer of the article has genuine affection for Dr. Falwell.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 9th, 2019, 11:22 am I think the most troubling thing isn't the things the articles talk about, but the culture in which even board members are afraid to speak out or at least question things. That to me, speaks volumes of the kind of leader Jr is.
That's the kind of culture a dictator cultivates.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
amar0819 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 3:54 pm1. I am a married man and see absolutely nothing wrong with bragging about sexual activities you are having with your WIFE. He's not cheating on her and is sexually attractive to the woman he married....good for him...Elmer Towns used to brag about even more then what was quoted here.
I haven't gotten a chance to read the article yet. Opened it up and it was too long for me to get it read at the time, but was he doing that while operating in an official capacity or is it just like he was hanging out with friends type of thing?

And sharing photos of his wife in lingerie?

Both are textbook examples of sexual harassment in the work place.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 4:39 pm If a few members can talk anonymously then they should all grow a spine and do something.

It’s crazy to me how Jr still has defenders. His behavior is against what Sr and Liberty stands for.
Not everyone can afford to lose their job.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: September 9th, 2019, 5:10 pm Jerry was caught lying twice in this article with photographic evidence to back it up. There's not even any obvious reasons behind those lies. They seem pointless.
Liars gonna lie, that's just what they like to do.

Agreed Cruzan. Memphis just got $5 million a […]

New Mexico State

Crazy game, should have won it about an hour and a[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

We went from everyone on the team being 6’7&[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]