Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: August 18th, 2019, 1:29 am
Purple Haize wrote: August 17th, 2019, 8:30 pm
jinxy wrote: August 17th, 2019, 8:01 pm Whats a recovery time on something like that. What exactly do they do besides remove staph? Over my head.
If he performed his usual procedure it’s a couple of weeks minimum. But it’s something I’m sure having around the clock access to medical care can be managed. He will be able to do a lot of office stuff soon but on field stuff might be a week or two
Dr. Ellegala pioneered this type of back microsurgery. Duke Westover had it and walked out of the hospital the same day. The recovery period is much quicker than traditional back surgery. Liberty, which is self-insured, covers Sonospine surgery for their employees. It’s considerably cheaper than traditional back surgery though not yet approved by most insurance companies.

Dr. Elegella is very interesting guy. He spent a year in Tanzania. While there he realized the needs were much greater than the resources so he began teaching medical care providers, though not doctors, how to perform brain surgery. I have been in a number of meetings and presentations with him. Very impressive gentleman.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... in-surgery
Several weeks is a much quicker recovery time than the several months of recovery for a traditional back surgery
Dr Ellegala is an interesting dude. It will be interesting to see if/when this type of procedure becomes a “standard of care” and covered by most insurance plans.
By LU 57
jinxy wrote: August 17th, 2019, 10:47 pm Damien just out a detailed article out. Surprised there was zero coverage of the scrimmage.
It was a good article and I thank God that Coach Freeze got the care he needed. However, I could do without all of the name dropping and talk of private jets and such.
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
Well, it did not happen by magic or prayer. Contacts and jets made it happen. Nothing wrong with using what you have for some good.
By LU 57
There is definitely nothing wrong with the way it happened. It’s the way it was presented to the media that I have issue with.
By cruzan_flame13
The media will present it anyway they want if it will help their agenda and receive clicks. We should be used to this by now; it is what it is.
By SoD BAS
I assume that LU didn’t want a massive media freak out before everything seemed to be okay. Regardless, prayers for Freeze and his family. I hope for a speedy recovery

Just in case Syracuse needed another major storyline. Would we get ESPN air time if Freeze came out on a wheelchair?
By LUOrange
chris leedlelee wrote: August 19th, 2019, 12:57 pm That would boost ratings! If we guarantee a faith healing at half will ESPN broadcast our game??
Especially, if it was Jonathan smacking Freeze in the forehead, and Jr. catching him!
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Back to practice tomorrow. In the box for Syracuse. This sucks.
By CCWMichael
R i wrote: August 21st, 2019, 9:38 pm Back to practice tomorrow. In the box for Syracuse. This sucks.
Doe suck but, Amen to being there!
My daughter was so forward to meeting him. We found out in the stands from a fan that he was diagnosed with Staph. For all of the excitement my little girl had in meeting him she immediately stated she would pray for him. Much better reaction than I would have if I were looking forward for months to a personal meeting with Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, or Metallica.
By Redbonebandit
Registration Days Posts
I wonder what impact this health scare and the response of JR and the university will down the road for Coach Freeze. I think we've rightly assumed he'd do well here and then move on in a few years, maybe this changes that trajectory.
By cruzan_flame13
This was something that myself and others discussed at work the other day. I would hope Freeze will recognize that he’s more of a football coach here at LU. He can actually help increase a bigger community here and make Sr.’s vision a reality earlier than anyone could imagine. Hopefully Freeze and the family will establish this as home or a second home.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dude is holed up at The Fairfield Inn watching practice and talking to the coaches
There’s a joke there about old men and binoculars. Amirite ballcoach?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
When the news first broke and the details came out about the strings Jerry puled I wondered to myself if in the long run if this would end up being what it took to get him to completely buy in on what Liberty is all about. It seemed kind of insensitive to talk about so early on so I didn't say anything but everything coming out it appears that it has really impacted him. For all of the things that I am critical of Liberty about, the school is a special place and it seems Coach is seeing that first hand right now.
By chris leedlelee
thepostman wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 3:20 pm When the news first broke and the details came out about the strings Jerry puled I wondered to myself if in the long run if this would end up being what it took to get him to completely buy in on what Liberty is all about. It seemed kind of insensitive to talk about so early on so I didn't say anything but everything coming out it appears that it has really impacted him. For all of the things that I am critical of Liberty about, the school is a special place and it seems Coach is seeing that first hand right now.
I couldn't agree more.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 10:11 am Dude is holed up at The Fairfield Inn watching practice and talking to the coaches
There’s a joke there about old men and binoculars. Amirite ballcoach?
I have heard that joke.

I heard the "tech folks" we're installing special equipment in hotel for him when he got released.
By rtb72
Wow! What a tremendous relationship he has formed with these kids. Whoever said they would go through a brick wall for him is right. Thank you for sharing this....this is going to be a special time for LU and our football team. #TougherTogether
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]