Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

amar0819 wrote: August 9th, 2019, 2:26 pm I should have explained....I worked part time at a brewery last year and convinced the owner to let me stream the Auburn game and invited a few Alumni from Charlotte to come watch....The owner still makes fun of me for walking in with my Firestick to stream the game.....Home is no big deal...But grabbing a bite or drink is annoying to know it wont be on a single tv..the Army game was such a tease of what could be
The beatdown Auburn gave us along with Gill running the same plays over and over expecting different results was more embarrassing than your Firestick.
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: August 7th, 2019, 1:04 pm Does anyone know if Syracuse has their DBs play one side or if they follow assignments? They have one CB starting that is only 5'11". The other is a 6'3" Sophomore. Both of their Safeties are 6'0" as well giving us a bit of a height advantage. Even though the 5'11" CB is a senior I feel like AGG could really make life difficult on him. Also interesting note, they don't have one DL starter (and only one on the two-deep) weighing in at 300lbs. If our run game gets going and we are able to go straight at them rather than letting them use their quickness we could work up a bit of momentum.
They play man and zone. BTW, the Defensive Backfield is very solid. Several of them will be NFL players. Cisco made All-American as a Freshman. You will have better luck running at us. Our DE's however are one of the best tandems in College Football (they will both get drafted). Depth is an issue at Defensive Tackle as one of our starters will most likely not play at Liberty. Our Linebackers are probably the weakness of the unit. However, Dino Babers feels this is the best defense in his four years here.

Syracuse Special Teams is a huge strength too. Groza Award winner (as a Freshman), Senior punter who Coach Babers thinks will be in the NFL, great kickoff and Punt return team units.
I actually think beyond turning the ball over special teams is the next most important area. We were so so bad the last few years and it seemed to be a strength for the orange.

If we have no more than 1 turnover and we play solid special teams then i believe it will be close. We match up vs them fairly well on offense. Defensively we are much more mismatched provided the change of the qb and 3 starting lineman is smooth. If its not smooth then we have a great shot.
jinxy wrote: August 12th, 2019, 9:29 am I actually think beyond turning the ball over special teams is the next most important area. We were so so bad the last few years and it seemed to be a strength for the orange.

If we have no more than 1 turnover and we play solid special teams then i believe it will be close. We match up vs them fairly well on offense. Defensively we are much more mismatched provided the change of the qb and 3 starting lineman is smooth. If its not smooth then we have a great shot.
FYI. Syracuse QB was 15-16 180 yards in Spring game. Not sure if that was all against their 1st team D which has a 1st team All-America safety.
So we can honestly say the student section will be counted at 7000. Sections 104-106 and 204-206 are about 98% sold. Club is sold out.

Syracuse brings 2k with them.

That really leaves half the stadium as single game sales. That’s actually amazing and terrifying. What more does the flames club have to do to convert to season tickets.
Class of 20Something wrote: August 18th, 2019, 9:51 pm What more does the flames club have to do to convert to season tickets.
Not much they can do because of our culture. So many people are used to free or discounted last minute tickets.

The only thing that’ll convert more season tickets is people showing up to higher game day pricing for less desirable seats.
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 18th, 2019, 10:06 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: August 18th, 2019, 9:51 pm What more does the flames club have to do to convert to season tickets.
Not much they can do because of our culture. So many people are used to free or discounted last minute tickets.

The only thing that’ll convert more season tickets is people showing up to higher game day pricing for less desirable seats.
There’s gonna be a lot of ticked off people who won’t be able to get free tickets to this game. Phone calls will be made. Emails will be sent. Tizzies will Be had And indignation’s will be rampant
TH Spangler wrote: August 19th, 2019, 6:03 am Got a note a couple of days ago, said do to a printing problem season tickets will not arrive the LU ticket office until the 29th. Said they were going to send "next day mail" if you live out of town and want them that way.
Where did you receive this note ? I guess I should pick up my lawn chair and tent and leave the mailbox camping for this week. WAMP WAMP.
R i wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:28 am
TH Spangler wrote: August 19th, 2019, 6:03 am Got a note a couple of days ago, said do to a printing problem season tickets will not arrive the LU ticket office until the 29th. Said they were going to send "next day mail" if you live out of town and want them that way.
Where did you receive this note ? I guess I should pick up my lawn chair and tent and leave the mailbox camping for this week. WAMP WAMP.
Email
Hello,

I regret to inform you that due to a data file issue with our 2019 Football Season Tickets, your season ticket(s) had to be re-ordered through our printing company. That being said, we will not get your tickets in hand until Thursday, August 29. We know that this is a large inconvenience and we hate that we were not able to live up to the standards that you expect out of the ticket office.

When we get the tickets on August 29, our staff will work quickly to package those in order to be able to overnight them to arrive by August 30. We know that some of you are out of state and will be traveling on Friday, August 30 to be able to make it to game so please let us know and we will hold them for pick-up at our office.

Once again, we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly at (434) 592-5013 or amrider@liberty.edu.
TH Spangler wrote: August 19th, 2019, 12:12 pm
R i wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:28 am

Email
Hello,

I regret to inform you that due to a data file issue with our 2019 Football Season Tickets, your season ticket(s) had to be re-ordered through our printing company. That being said, we will not get your tickets in hand until Thursday, August 29. We know that this is a large inconvenience and we hate that we were not able to live up to the standards that you expect out of the ticket office.

When we get the tickets on August 29, our staff will work quickly to package those in order to be able to overnight them to arrive by August 30. We know that some of you are out of state and will be traveling on Friday, August 30 to be able to make it to game so please let us know and we will hold them for pick-up at our office.

Once again, we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly at (434) 592-5013 or amrider@liberty.edu.
I just called. Some tickets were not included in the file sent for printing. Fortunately mine were, which is the reason I did not get the above referenced email. #PTL #Blessed
I will get mine today via UPS. A large number of the order to the print shop did not go. So only half of them were printed. The others will be printed and shipped next week. Call the ticket office if you want to see if yours were part of the batch not printed.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]