Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: August 17th, 2019, 1:06 pm In that interview with Bruce Johnson tyndal23 mentioned, it was revealed that Frank Boyd has been moved to CB. That would seem to be an indication that the injuries at CB are serious enough that we need the depth there and also may tell us that Henderson and/or Sibley are coming on at RB.
Someone apparently is coming on strong at RB. I thought Boyd could be getting a lot of carries.

Did anyone watch today's scrimmage ? I figured there would be an entire thread on here about scrimmage.

(I was in Durham attending a funeral, thus was unable to make it to scrimmage.)
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
In the pictures Buckshot looks strong, ready to roll. I feel like he's going to have a banner season. I look for him to tuck it and run more in the Freeze scheme.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
According to the photo gallery, there we at least 2 little kids at the scrimmage. :shock:
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 18th, 2019, 6:38 pm According to the photo gallery, there we at least 2 little kids at the scrimmage. :shock:
If they weren't in uniform then they must be redshirting!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 18th, 2019, 6:38 pm According to the photo gallery, there we at least 2 little kids at the scrimmage. :shock:
I wish those 2 kids were on this message board. maybe we could get some report on scrimmage.
By SoD BAS
I wish I would have made it over to the scrimmage this weekend but had a family obligation and couldn’t make it over.

Does anyone know how it went? Who performed well and who didn’t? I didn’t see any coverage, I assume ASOR probably had other things to do as well.

I came across a tweet this morning that Game On had it covered but didn’t see anything from them posted. I vaguely remember them posting a couple stories but don’t remember real content. I don’t really use twitter very much except for Flames news so that’s on me for just coming across that convo on Twitter today.

Does anyone have any real insight from it? Obviously curious about QB situation but anything is good.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have got more reports from "closed scrimmages than I have this "open scrimmage". Have no idea why it was so "secretive".
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 9:28 am I have got more reports from "closed scrimmages than I have this "open scrimmage". Have no idea why it was so "secretive".
WE played 5 QBs, Stubbs made a phenomenal diving catch @ 40 yarder from Buckshot, Defense played really well had a few sacks outshining the offense, which eventually scored 3 TDs and 2-3 FGs after being stopped. Only one TO a fumble I think by Mack that was lost. Not much of a running game. Overall, it was 60-40 defense, IMHO. Hard to see the offensive numbers (black on red jerseys). Only BS wore the "don't hit me" jersey of all the QBs.
By SoD BAS
Someone hire Chippy quick. I shouldn’t have to go to message boards and receive Flames Football stats and info from a poster without a dang profile picture just because ASOR owner has to have a normal life sometimes.

Monday Mornings - my b.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote: August 19th, 2019, 9:58 am
ballcoach15 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 9:28 am I have got more reports from "closed scrimmages than I have this "open scrimmage". Have no idea why it was so "secretive".
WE played 5 QBs, Stubbs made a phenomenal diving catch @ 40 yarder from Buckshot, Defense played really well had a few sacks outshining the offense, which eventually scored 3 TDs and 2-3 FGs after being stopped. Only one TO a fumble I think by Mack that was lost. Not much of a running game. Overall, it was 60-40 defense, IMHO. Hard to see the offensive numbers (black on red jerseys). Only BS wore the "don't hit me" jersey of all the QBs.
THANK YOU! I mentioned on twitter that there was not much coverage without Jon and ASOR there, and got push back from GameOn LU like they had it covered. I didnt see much GAMEON LU Coverage.

Jon, quite spending time with your family, its football season.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:26 am
Chippy wrote: August 19th, 2019, 9:58 am
THANK YOU! I mentioned on twitter that there was not much coverage without Jon and ASOR there, and got push back from GameOn LU like they had it covered. I didnt see much GAMEON LU Coverage.

Jon, quite spending time with your family, its football season.
One would have thought that there would have been some "posters" on this board there.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
There you go ballcoach finding fault again. Your fandom is not in question here (although apparently bike rides sometimes take priority over LU events) but the fact is, you were not there yourself because you had another very legitimate obligation. Does it occur to you that other board members who live locally may be in similar situations, especially those with families? Add to that the fact that a large majority of those who post here do NOT live locally, and there you are. The only difference this time is that Manson, who normally has literally EVERYTHING covered, decided to take this one off, probably in anticipation of the demands on his time coming up once the season starts.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: August 20th, 2019, 9:56 am There you go ballcoach finding fault again. Your fandom is not in question here (although apparently bike rides sometimes take priority over LU events) but the fact is, you were not there yourself because you had another very legitimate obligation. Does it occur to you that other board members who live locally may be in similar situations, especially those with families? Add to that the fact that a large majority of those who post here do NOT live locally, and there you are. The only difference this time is that Manson, who normally has literally EVERYTHING covered, decided to take this one off, probably in anticipation of the demands on his time coming up once the season starts.
For the record, I know where Cider, Sly Fox and Purple Haize live, but no one else.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The board has members literally all over the world and most aren't shy about sharing where they live with the rest of the board.

With that said, I am not sure what you really expected from an inter-squad scrimmage.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 20th, 2019, 11:26 am The board has members literally all over the world and most aren't shy about sharing where they live with the rest of the board.

With that said, I am not sure what you really expected from an inter-squad scrimmage.
Like everything else he expects others to do the work for him
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote: August 20th, 2019, 11:35 am
thepostman wrote: August 20th, 2019, 11:26 am The board has members literally all over the world and most aren't shy about sharing where they live with the rest of the board.

Like everything else he expects others to do the work for him
The pervasiveness of liberalism is an aggressive cancer. It has already metastasized in all his thoughts. He is beyond hope.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]