Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
In the early days of LU football, didn't we have the Liberty Bell on the helmets? Maybe Oldflame or Ballcoach remembers those old helmets. What year was that?
By gerb
Confirmation bias I guess. I saw MSU's alternative green uni's from Nike and got worried. Hope Nike doesn't try to clown us...
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: July 28th, 2019, 2:03 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 28th, 2019, 1:45 pm I like chrome.
Yeah Yeah Yeah. And BallCoach likes Internet Explorer. No wait, AOL.
Ballcoach does like Internet Explorer. But he doesn't like navy blue uniforms. Ugliest uniform color there is, no matter the team.
By FlamesHighontheTide
Registration Days Posts
I do like the patriots uniforms and my high school wore the exact same color scheme but we SUCKED! In 4 years of high school football we went 4 - 36 and 3 of those wins were in my senior year. Therefore, I don't know if I want that memory flooding my mind while I watch LU.
By rtb72
TH Spangler wrote: August 9th, 2019, 12:37 pm I've always liked the Patriots look for us.

Put this logo on the sleeves.

You might be on to something. That would look sharp...IMHO. I like the Patriots combinations and the logo on the sleeve would set it off I think.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
DestinationBass wrote: August 12th, 2019, 7:27 pm Does everyone assume that Saturday is the big reveal?
I haven't seen anything indicating that. I would actually be surprised. Most of those types of things are gameday releases if the administration can keep it under wraps that long.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
gerb wrote: August 8th, 2019, 9:44 pm Confirmation bias I guess. I saw MSU's alternative green uni's from Nike and got worried. Hope Nike doesn't try to clown us...
Nike Clowns every school not named Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Texas, MSU and Oregon. And since Jordan brand is still Nike throw in UNC as well. Nike isn't going to be bothered with us. We are a very small fish in their ocean. Go ask VT, Pitt, Vandy etc. (all of these pay wholesale prices for everything and don't receive any cash from Nike. Just free product for basketball and football. the multi year multi million dollar deals with apparel companies are becoming more and more endangered) They don't have any outstanding deals with nike and are struggling to try and switch. Nike pays the big boys enough money to do a one off uni or an alternate. When schools like us, or even the three I mentioned earlier, they are doing it on their own. Nike stopped doing mandated alternates after the Pro Combat era because some of their big name schools threatened to Terminate if they were made to wear a non traditional Uni. you can guess that Alabama was one. and after UGA lost to Boise state in the 2011 CFA kickoff game the UGA admin got blown up by fans at how bad the pro combat unis were. They have lost in both games in the past 2 decades that they wore alternate unis. Alabama just straight up refused and instead just changed the logo on the pant and jersey that it almost didn't look like they changed anything. ever since Nike has let teams do what they want because of how bad most of those kickoff jerseys were.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote: August 13th, 2019, 11:28 am

. the multi year multi million dollar deals with apparel companies are becoming more and more endangered) They don't have any outstanding deals with nike and are struggling to try and switch.
Disagree.

Adidas just paid Washington 120 million.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
ASOR Club dropped a rumor regarding new uniforms this week. I feel good about it.
By Jonathan Carone
R i wrote: August 17th, 2019, 8:24 am
flamesfilmguy wrote: August 13th, 2019, 11:28 am

. the multi year multi million dollar deals with apparel companies are becoming more and more endangered) They don't have any outstanding deals with nike and are struggling to try and switch.
Disagree.

Adidas just paid Washington 120 million.
Guy on message board tells guys in the business he’s wrong is peak message board and it’s everything I love about this place.
By chris leedlelee
This uniform speculation is even more interesting being that Jerry commented about leaving Nike during the Kaepernick drama. Could Underarmour be LU's new provider? Unlikely but fun to speculate.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm fairly certain he never went any further and since other teams are still with Nike, I don't think that is happening.
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: August 17th, 2019, 11:31 am HCHF is a huge Nike guy
I know this is the football thread, but RMK is also a Nike guy. I don't see LU leaving Nike.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Is Georgia Tech still Russell athletic? Maybe that’s why FFG is calling Multi year multi million dollar deals endangered.

I’m not claiming to be an expert in the field, but according to every google search I’ve done P5 schools all average over 2 million per year from apparel deals.

It’s still huge business and the multi million multi year contracts are getting bigger not endangered.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]