Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
In case anyone is wondering, the reason our original colors were green and yellow is that Doc was a huge Green Bay Packer fan who was fond of quoting Lombardi.
Last edited by olldflame on August 13th, 2019, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Jonathan Carone
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: August 12th, 2019, 11:16 pm So for coaches to stand out let’s do yellow or orange rather than a bright and different color that’s actually part of our established brand? I’d say that branding is a pretty good set of guidelines.
The "stand out" idea is actually something that was just made up on here. The coaches have been wearing the light blue in recruiting and around the office all year.

At the end of the day, I'm just a fan with an opinion who doesn't actually matter. I just don't like us trying to recreate Ole Miss instead of embracing who we are.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We are also probably all a little insecure. Especially when it seemed to take HF to get on board with the LU mission in a more public way
By amar0819
thepostman wrote: August 13th, 2019, 8:20 am We are also probably all a little insecure. Especially when it seemed to take HF to get on board with the LU mission in a more public way
+1

If TG had rolled this out no one would have questioned it.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I talked with some LU people this morning. We are all in agreement, in that we don't care what color uniforms we wear, or color of coaches shirts. All we are concerned with is the scoreboard .
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 13th, 2019, 9:08 am I talked with some LU people this morning. We are all in agreement, in that we don't care what color uniforms we wear, or color of coaches shirts. All we are concerned with is the scoreboard .
Ballcoach, now you are just making stuff up. That was never even discussed in the war room today. :nono
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 13th, 2019, 9:52 am
ballcoach15 wrote: August 13th, 2019, 9:08 am I talked with some LU people this morning. We are all in agreement, in that we don't care what color uniforms we wear, or color of coaches shirts. All we are concerned with is the scoreboard .
Ballcoach, now you are just making stuff up. That was never even discussed in the war room today. :nono
Ballcoach getting called out! Haha.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
haven't seen this posted anywhere on message board , but Fan Appreciation Day is Saturday August 17, 11:00 to 3:00. There will be a scrimmage from 11;00 to 1:00, then events inside practice facility. Autographs, games, meet coaches, etc.

If I finish my bicycle ride in time, I will go to the scrimmage, to see what color shirts the coaches are wearing.
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote: August 13th, 2019, 12:36 pm haven't seen this posted anywhere on message board , but Fan Appreciation Day is Saturday August 17, 11:00 to 3:00. There will be a scrimmage from 11;00 to 1:00, then events inside practice facility. Autographs, games, meet coaches, etc.

If I finish my bicycle ride in time, I will go to the scrimmage, to see what color shirts the coaches are wearing.
My daughter is so pumped to meet the new coach she convinced me to bring her down this weekend.
All she talks about every day since she found out we were going (No thanks to marking for sending the postcard) is expressing her love of Liberty football and wishing coach the best. It feels like she is going to Disney instead of a practice. PRACTICE!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, when you got to the War Room, you were the only one there, and I was the second one to arrive. Was this conversation with "some LU people" part of a conference call that you made before 7:35 when I got there?
Last edited by Cider Jim on August 13th, 2019, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Keswick_Crusaders_51
Clearly many have hard feelings about the light blue, but I actually really like it.

Wonder if one of the new uniforms will utilize that color, perhaps an alternative road uniform against opponents who utilize navy blue like the one up the road in Charlottesville? Would be a good way to differentiate ourselves.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: August 13th, 2019, 4:30 pm Ballcoach, when you got to War Room, you were the only one there, and I was the second one to arrive. Was this conversation with "some LU people" part of a conference call that you made before 7:35 when I got there?
Do the voices in his head count?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 14th, 2019, 6:34 am Back spasms are no joke, I've had them myself. Praying for a fast recovery!
I know HS coaches who can handle it. They even have metal hardware in their backs 8)
But they are no fun. Better to rest it now then be dealing with it in October
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]