Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By michaeleyou
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: August 12th, 2019, 6:32 am The coaches may be wearing the light blue shirts to be more easily identifiable at practice. I have seen coaches do this before . With all the players, support staff and others around, it could be hard for coaches to "stand out" at times.
Exactly!
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Could have gone with lime green or yellow.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote: August 12th, 2019, 8:20 am Could have gone with lime green or yellow.
You mean like a lot of coaching staff’s do?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I didn't even realize it was listed as an accent color. Completely missed that somehow. I don't like the color but since it is technically in the guide as an official color it at least makes some sense.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
its still friggin grotesque
By amar0819
If I remember correct they rolled out the light blue when they came out with the new LU Logo
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
amar0819 wrote: August 12th, 2019, 4:49 pm If I remember correct they rolled out the light blue when they came out with the new LU Logo
I've not seen any light blue but the logos came out a few years ago with red, white, blue and grey.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 12th, 2019, 7:54 pm It was listed as an accent along with the grey. We’ve just never used it before now.
Maybe someone with this knowledge could post an image of the logo with the light blue. I don't see a link via the LU website and don't see anything on Google. I'm curious to see what that might actually look like on the uniforms.
By Class of 20Something
Chippy wrote: August 12th, 2019, 8:32 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 12th, 2019, 7:54 pm It was listed as an accent along with the grey. We’ve just never used it before now.
Maybe someone with this knowledge could post an image of the logo with the light blue. I don't see a link via the LU website and don't see anything on Google. I'm curious to see what that might actually look like on the uniforms.
https://www.aseaofred.com/photo-gallery ... e-8-10-19/
By tyndal23
Rutigliano replaced Navy with Royal blue in 90 and stated that was the official school color - went from Auburn colors to NY Giants colors for a while...
By LibertyD
Purple Haize wrote: August 11th, 2019, 7:24 pm I’m just throwing this out there. This isn’t Ole Miss. There may be people on the FB staff who need to let that go and move on
I AGREE!
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
LibertyD wrote: August 12th, 2019, 10:49 pm
Purple Haize wrote: August 11th, 2019, 7:24 pm I’m just throwing this out there. This isn’t Ole Miss. There may be people on the FB staff who need to let that go and move on
I AGREE!
I’m just throwing this out there. This isn’t the Liberty from the past. There may be people on this thread who need to let that go and move on...good on them for getting a little creative with our brand.
By Jonathan Carone
I’m all for creativity. But our right song says red, white, and navy blue. I hated our black uniforms we rolled out years ago just as much. Creativity doesn’t mean no restrictions. The most creative things often happen when you have to work within certain guidelines.
By FLAMEfromBAMA
Registration Days Posts
So for coaches to stand out let’s do yellow or orange rather than a bright and different color that’s actually part of our established brand? I’d say that branding is a pretty good set of guidelines. Image
By LU 57
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 12th, 2019, 11:05 pm I’m all for creativity. But our right song says red, white, and navy blue. I hated our black uniforms we rolled out years ago just as much. Creativity doesn’t mean no restrictions. The most creative things often happen when you have to work within certain guidelines.
Interestingly, when the fight song was first released in 90 or 91 it was “...red, white, and royal blue...”. However, I was never a huge fan of the royal blue and much prefer the navy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: August 12th, 2019, 11:16 pm So for coaches to stand out let’s do yellow or orange rather than a bright and different color that’s actually part of our established brand? I’d say that branding is a pretty good set of guidelines. Image
If it was “Liberty from the Past” as you state it would actually BE Green and Yellow. Come to think of it that could serve the purpose of standing out on the sidelines AND giving a retro look. But I guess that’s not really creative. Guess I’m just a linear thinker

Also, charge the battery on your phone :D
By Jonathan Carone
LU 57 wrote: August 13th, 2019, 5:47 am
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 12th, 2019, 11:05 pm I’m all for creativity. But our right song says red, white, and navy blue. I hated our black uniforms we rolled out years ago just as much. Creativity doesn’t mean no restrictions. The most creative things often happen when you have to work within certain guidelines.
Interestingly, when the fight song was first released in 90 or 91 it was “...red, white, and royal blue...”. However, I was never a huge fan of the royal blue and much prefer the navy.
Yep. They changed it somewhere around 2008.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]