The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, are CC transfers okay in your book? :dontgetit
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 9:38 am Yes.

Community Colleges & Junior Colleges are "feeder programs" for 4 year schools.
Way oversimplified, and does not do these schools justice. Only 1 in 5 JC students transfer to 4 year schools. The rest are either enrolled to learn a trade or do not have the grades or resources to continue on for a 4 year degree. As far as athletes are concerned, those who are good enough at the JUCO level and complete their 2 year program are likely going to look to continue their career at a 4 year school. Much like HS athletes, only a small percentage will get a scholarship to do so.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Have you seen her stats? We lost 4 pitchers from last years's roster. I think only Kirby and 2 recruits (freshmen) would be in the circle this coming year . . . hopefully the 2 coming in are the second coming of DiMartino and Cassady otherwise . . . .
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
17-4 with an ERA of 2.6 something. Less than 80 strikeouts in 120 innings, which probably means she isn't a power pitcher.

Did someone transfer out? Elizabeth Engler and Braelyn Cooper both have eligibility remaining, along with Kirby. Cooper showed promise early last season, but was the victim of poor fielding. Then she didn't pitch at all pretty much the entire second half of the season. I' can only surmise there was some sort of injury.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sources say that Cooper may be transferring to UVa.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I guess those are ok stats but wonder how she'll do against D1 competition (ACC, SEC, ASUN, etc). Cooper and Engler are gone from what I know.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]