Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Lloyd is added as well. Interesting cater and beadles both gone already. Judging by the video that was online a while back beadles didnt appear to be too sharp anyway. Smashing a full beer can off the head and chugging it. Never know how these guys pan out.

Think we should be ok at tackle this year with pearson elefante mitchell green and james.

Varner and morgan are both committing soon. Maybe thats the next 2 young tackles for the future.
Former 4 star recruit RB Robert Washington is on the roster. Started as a freshmen at UNCC but transferred after his sophomore year. Sat out all of last year. Had offers from Bama, UF, Ohio State etc.
ballah09 wrote: July 14th, 2019, 11:00 am Former 4 star recruit RB Robert Washington is on the roster. Started as a freshmen at UNCC but transferred after his sophomore year. Sat out all of last year. Had offers from Bama, UF, Ohio State etc.
He almost went to Syracuse.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Knew cater was gone. Beadles was buried because he was a frosh with a redshirt. They will alway redshirt dts and o lineman unless they are special.

Good find on washington. Ballah have you scrubbed the other names or did you just know his name immediately.
jinxy wrote: July 14th, 2019, 2:38 pm Knew cater was gone. Beadles was buried because he was a frosh with a redshirt. They will alway redshirt dts and o lineman unless they are special.

Good find on washington. Ballah have you scrubbed the other names or did you just know his name immediately.
I remember from the headlines he made for picking Charlotte over Meyer and Saban.
Running back position is STACKED. Hickson, Mack, Washington, Pickett and Boyd it will be interesting to see who is fills the two deep.

I have Dabney, Knight, James and Green filling in with the rest of the depth chart.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
We know what hickson and pickett bring. Will be interesting to see if mack and washington are better than those 2.

Is huntley still playing TE? Our offense as a whole is loaded and the defensive depth looks so much better than last year. Still work to be done but its so much better than even last year.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: July 14th, 2019, 11:00 am Former 4 star recruit RB Robert Washington is on the roster. Started as a freshmen at UNCC but transferred after his sophomore year. Sat out all of last year. Had offers from Bama, UF, Ohio State etc.
Just looked this guy up. WOW!
Robert Washington's high school stats. :shock:
At East Gaston: Four-star recruit by ESPN.com ... first four-start recruit to sign with the 49ers directly out of high school ... had over 40 offers from top programs throughout the country and committed to Syracuse before opting out over the summer ... ESPN.com ranked him as high as #4 overall player in North Carolina and as the #13 running back prospect, nationally ... Rivals.com ranked him 15th among RB prospects .... Ran for 2512 yards as a sophomore ... 2233 yards as a junior.
https://charlotte49ers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4123
Last edited by Cider Jim on July 15th, 2019, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
According to this article, Charlotte was his hometown team, but he did go to a Christian high school for all but his senior year.
After attending SouthLake Christian Academy in Huntersville for his first three years of high school, Washington spent his senior year at East Gaston. Now he’ll be bound for a second college after 1 1-2 years at UNC Charlotte.
https://www.gastongazette.com/sports/20 ... -departure
Finebaum said today he thinks we get 2 of 4 against Syracuse, Rutgers, BYU, and UVA. Assuming this is the case I would take 2 of the first three listed there. IF we manage to do that and take care of MOST of the “should wins” we would be entering the UVA game at 7-3 or 8-2. I honestly don’t think that’s a stretch at this point. That would set us up for a 2-3 win increase. Where this season would get crazy is if we win all of the first three and enter UVA at 9-1 or 10-0! Enjoy the Kool-aid folks! :D
Keep serving it up FLAMEfromBAMA and I'll keep drinking it!

The full guzzle of kool-aid makes me think we could be in for something special in Freeze year 1.

The 1/2 guzzle of kool-aid makes me think we will have an exciting season that sets year 2 expectations higher than ever.

The realist (which normally doesn't exist in my life, haha) makes me think we go 7-5 with bowl eligibility but we get skipped over.

Any one of these 3 things are good with me though.

Only 47 more days!
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote: July 15th, 2019, 3:50 pm Finebaum said today he thinks we get 2 of 4 against Syracuse, Rutgers, BYU, and UVA. Assuming this is the case I would take 2 of the first three listed there. IF we manage to do that and take care of MOST of the “should wins” we would be entering the UVA game at 7-3 or 8-2. I honestly don’t think that’s a stretch at this point. That would set us up for a 2-3 win increase. Where this season would get crazy is if we win all of the first three and enter UVA at 9-1 or 10-0! Enjoy the Kool-aid folks! :D
Purple - I will let you take this one...
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]