If you are new to FlameFans, here is the forum to introduce yourself and learn the ropes of how this community operates. We'll also get you up to speed on the ground rules.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Wait? We have to pay for stuff? Liberty fans get stuff for free!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Will the forum still be free, or will we have to shell out 7 bucks a month just to read posts by Ballcoach and Purple?
By Ewglenn
If the forum is paid for I’ll move over to csnbbs. I can’t imagine the content being worth 7 dollars a month. ESPN+ is 5 dollars and is loaded with content.
By amar0819
Personally I could justify $20-$30 for content but not $84.It's even more than my yearly Flames Club contribution... I don't see our fan base being there either...Couldn't y'all add more paid add's on the board to make up for costs? As one who normally just ghost reads I see a lot of people like myself not paying to be a club member for this price.
By Jonathan Carone
I doubt the board would be paid. My guess is the recruiting info and some interviews would be what you get. That's pretty standard at the larger schools.
By Ewglenn
So we will get some news on recruits that haven’t committed and some interviews with positions coaches for 7 per month?
By Class of 20Something
I’m probably going to give up my snobby coffee subscription 😢 and do this instead. I’ve leeched off of Manson’s quality content without a single financial contribution. It’s time for me to support him.

It’s the same philosophy I have with supporting athletics or the school in general.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote: June 20th, 2019, 1:38 pm The forums will be free. Anything you currently access will still be free.
THANK YOU!!! :clapping :woohoo :clapping
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There are now more "readers" than "posters". What board needs is more posters.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Are you doing a brief trial period for folks. Ive had several people ask me and i didnt know. May be too difficult to program but i was thinking something like a free 7 day trial? Think it might help the effort.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
If you think about it, $84 equates to about $7/month or the cost of a couple coffees at Starbucks, one less Whopper Value Meal at BK (that one's for you BC)...I could go on but I think the point is made. Id certainly love to join the club myself, especially if itll help with my writing/blogging and other endeavors
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: June 27th, 2019, 4:18 pm one less Whopper Value Meal at BK (that one's for you BC)
Ballcoach only eats Junior Whoppers. :nono
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 27th, 2019, 4:29 pm
BJWilliams wrote: June 27th, 2019, 4:18 pm one less Whopper Value Meal at BK (that one's for you BC)
Ballcoach only eats Junior Whoppers. :nono
Except when he eats them, they are SENIOR Whoppers :oldhag
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
And fish sandwiches with bread from home
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Point is, Im sure that if everyone gave up some small luxury they have right now, we all could afford to give the ASOR Club a go, and make it a profitable venture for the brand
By Class of 20Something
I know I am! Can't wait to support this. I was actually considering a monthly donation before this, but I'm glad I can pay for extra content.
By BuryYourDuke
Registration Days Posts
What’s up guys? It’s been a while. Life over here continues to get crazier (God has never seen fit for my life to be boring).

I want to post a few thoughts on this topic. First off though, I want you all to understand that I in no way profit from ASOR. Jon and I started the site, but it’s been his for a long time. I’ve just never had the time, or honestly desire to put in the work the way he does. Anything I occasionally do for the site is out of love for our teams and to try to do a small bit to serve Jon. Jon has not in any way asked me to post about this. We haven’t spoken about this stuff in a couple of months.

That all being said, SOME of y’all seriously don’t deserve Jon Manson. The man LITERALLY has two full time jobs, one of which has only cost him money so far. He left a good job, moved 2 hours back to Lynchburg at least partially because it would make taking ASOR where it needed to go possible.

The amount of time he gives to you all, and LU Athletics is nutty. This school is exceptionally difficult to cover. Everything is a secret. Nobody talks. Yet, by nearly all accounts you have one of the best mid-major independent sports sites in the country. You won’t find more info out there, often times even at the P5 level. Up to this point, all for free.

I would argue that it’s possible that no one has done more to promote LU athletics for free than Jon. Sure, there are fun times that people like me freeload on (like the men’s basketball run this year), but it is Jon Manson in the trenches everyday, in the morning and at night making that sort of coverage possible for all of us to enjoy. He provides you more content and behind the scenes info than people that cover LU athletics for a living (no offense to anyone, I think everyone that does so is doing a great job).

Still, that isn’t enough. I’ve got access to the content. ASOR Club isn’t some paywall for what used to be free. Jon has taken the bar and raised it several notches in terms of quantity and quality. I truly do not know how there are enough hours In the day for what he has been doing.

The google ad model has failed ASOR. We tried it for years. We tried privately sold ads and sponsors. Didn’t work there either. At the best of times it pays the direct costs of running an internet site (literally zero to compensate Jon for his time). If you want this thing to keep going and growing with LU athletics, there has to be ASOR Club. The man can’t look at his family and justify the crazy hours without it at least being a marginally break even enterprise. He didn’t say that to me, but I know I couldn’t do it. Still, he isn’t asking you to pay for what you already get. Instead he’s adding a ton of value for a little bit of money.

I appreciate all of y’all being a part of this community, but reading some of the negative comments is pretty disheartening. Chances are you’ll never understand how much sweat has gone into this place. Again, I will reiterate, there are some folks around here who don’t deserve what Jon Manson has given you. /rant
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Where is “over here”? And sure I’ll b**** but I’ll pay whatever the cost is. I’ve supported you guys financially in the past and will continue to do so
Manson obviously does this because we are all basically awesome. Even ballcoach
By chris leedlelee
I agree that the quality of this site is amazing. Jon Manson is great at what he does and is for sure appreciated.
By BuryYourDuke
Registration Days Posts
Haha over here is Richmond, and my household. And you absolutely know who you are. PH knows that wasn’t directed at him. His support is appreciated, as is everyone’s. If you can’t swing a membership I can say for 100% certainty that there are no hard feelings. That’s why your access won’t be changing. I just found some of the negativity to be frustrating bc I know the effort Jon puts in.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]