Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
For the last 20+ years, I've worked in the private business world and for the last 10+ years I've worked for what is likely the most successful company in the world. It's been wonderful and I probably couldn't ask to work for a better private company but I know there are other things I'd like to do.

Along those lines, I've been hired as a Computer Science teacher at our local high school and will be starting in the fall. This will be an exciting transition as I'll get to create a lot of my own curriculum and hopefully engage the next generation of innovators.

Prayers are appreciated as this will be a big transition for our family.
By LU 57
Will definitely pray for you. Keep us posted. I am contemplating a similar move after 25 years in the private sector.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Definitely. I was blessed and had a few offers. I was hired at first as an English teacher but after they hired me, the Computer Science teacher left and asked me if I wanted his position. Due to the nature of the company I work for and my background, it was a no brainer.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You’re at JF? I’ll definitely pray for you :D :) :lol:
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:You’re at JF? I’ll definitely pray for you :D :) :lol:
You should probably pray for my daughter, who's worried I'll share embarrassing stories.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Is your position still available at "the most successful company in the world"? :D

Prayers for you. That's a big move. I remember going from a big corporate position to a ministry position that literally was half the salary. It was hard financially but the most rewarding job I've ever had.

Godspeed.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: June 26th, 2019, 12:32 am Is your position still available at "the most successful company in the world"? :D

Prayers for you. That's a big move. I remember going from a big corporate position to a ministry position that literally was half the salary. It was hard financially but the most rewarding job I've ever had.

Godspeed.
Yeah, this is about the same kind of change. There will be other opportunities open as a result though. And lol, once I'm gone I'll send a link where you can apply.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: June 26th, 2019, 12:48 pm
Just John wrote: June 26th, 2019, 12:32 am Is your position still available at "the most successful company in the world"? :D

Godspeed.
Yeah, this is about the same kind of change. There will be other opportunities open as a result though. And lol, once I'm gone I'll send a link where you can apply.
Sounds good!!!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: June 24th, 2019, 6:04 pm For the last 20+ years, I've worked in the private business world and for the last 10+ years I've worked for what is likely the most successful company in the world. It's been wonderful and I probably couldn't ask to work for a better private company but I know there are other things I'd like to do.

Along those lines, I've been hired as a Computer Science teacher at our local high school and will be starting in the fall. This will be an exciting transition as I'll get to create a lot of my own curriculum and hopefully engage the next generation of innovators.

Prayers are appreciated as this will be a big transition for our family.
So, you work for WalMart? :wink:
http://fortune.com/2017/06/07/fortune-5 ... -list-top/
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The fruits of the Spirit rarely come to mind in reference to your former employer.

I am jazzed about your transition and next stage!
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]