Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
That's pretty much the way its going to look all season. Only the locker room will be ready for 2019 season. Coaches' offices will continue to be on 5th floor of Carter Tower and will have to be removed each game day and then set back up following the game.
By tyndal23
I disagree - I expect exterior to be near complete by 8/31 kickoff ( minus brick and trim ) otherwise no way they can reach goal of 1/20 completion. It will be a construction zone look through the seaosn.
By tyndal23
On the latest plans, I think adding a brick wall on east and west side connecting to the south wall that has the arches would complete the “tunnel” feel and look much better ( cheap and effective). The sides of the building don’t look that nice anyway and a wall would tie it all in - sort of looks “unfinished” with just the extended arches on each side as is.
By tyndal23
Wrap is already gone - unless ASOR has inside info - i just don’t see them waiting to do the extensions on all sides asap - otherwise no way it is all complete Jan of 2020 - nothing wrong with construction going up in an end zone during season - much better to have whole thing done for end of 2020 and beginning of 21 recruiting cycle. Please advise if you know something different about timeline...
By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
My understanding is that the focus will be to get the locker room completed for use this season, then during the season the rest of the building will be the focus. In the update from LibertyFlames.com this week, that was confirmed:

"A construction timeline is in place so that the locker room and training room facilities will be functional in time for the start of the 2019 football season, Liberty's first under new head football coach Hugh Freeze."
By BlueBlood
tyndal23 wrote:Wrap is already gone - unless ASOR has inside info - i just don’t see them waiting to do the extensions on all sides asap - otherwise no way it is all complete Jan of 2020 - nothing wrong with construction going up in an end zone during season - much better to have whole thing done for end of 2020 and beginning of 21 recruiting cycle. Please advise if you know something different about timeline...
If the building is truly scheduled for completion in January 2020, you would think that the exterior would have to be largely completed by Fall 2019. Additionally, you would think that the side facing the field would be a high priority.

They obviously prioritized graduation and wrapped it so that it looked decent. I would expect that they will also prioritize the Syracuse game and have it looking presentable for that day as well.
By tyndal23
Agreed - internal locker room crew completely different than the guys working outside building walls. Besides we need something to stare at on construction cams all through the summer - who do I need to call ? Fix this Ballcoach. - and get the flames burning above the entrance gate while you are at it.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
by to check out construction at FOC late yesterday. It appears that the entire building has been gutted. Basically it's just 3 1/2 walls standing.
By BlueBlood
As far as I can tell (from the construction cam), it looks like they are working on the footing trenches for the new exterior wall.
By BlueBlood
Some of the footings were poured yesterday. The rest are still being worked on. Maybe we get some exterior walls to look at in a week or two?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I talked with an "Insider" today, reference FOC. It will have 3 Training Tables, one for those to gain weight, one for those maintaining weight, and one for those losing weight. Also, was told that new weight room will not be one of the best in D1 football. "it will be the best"
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I talked with an "Insider" today, reference FOC. It will have 3 Training Tables, one for those to gain weight, one for those maintaining weight, and one for those losing weight. Also, was told that new weight room will not be one of the best in D1 football. "it will be the best"
Well, we know how reliable your “Inside Sources” are :roll: The training thing is not ground breaking. I’m frankly surprised that dietitians aren’t doing that now.
As for the weight room, I’m positive it will be impressive.
By amar0819
As much as I would love it to be "the best" we have some steep competition...

[youtube]
[/youtube]
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
$7 million just on the locker room
By amar0819
Lol exactly! I just watched Alabama's and their "practice locker room" is nicer then the locker room when I was there...
By tyndal23
Weight room - not locker room - correct? Is weight room going to be ready for Syracuse game or just locker room?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
amar0819 wrote:As much as I would love it to be "the best" we have some steep competition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my-qmXC-ilE

University of Texas is right there with Radford and Longwood in my book. I don't like the Longhorns.
I don’t care if you like them or not. But Texas certainly has better facilities than Radford or Longwood
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Thank you for the pic. Has anyone seen the mock locker up in the FOC that the coaching staff uses for recruiting ?
LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]