This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jweaks
For all the marbles! We need to beat Dook first. It all comes down to this week.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
To me tonights game is pivotal. Win tonight and get 2 of 3 this weekend and were setting 45ish i would bet. Finish 2nd in tourney were in i still believe.
By Jonathan Carone
jinxy wrote:To me tonights game is pivotal. Win tonight and get 2 of 3 this weekend and were setting 45ish i would bet. Finish 2nd in tourney were in i still believe.
That's the only path to an at-large at this point.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Technically We could lose tonight and sweep this weekend but thats a tougher route. Weve struggled to sweep all year. Especially on the road.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thankfully, we beat Duke tonight! :clapping
By LUDad
Nolan Warren has us finishing at a 58 rpi after getting SWEPT by FGCU! Of course, the site also had us losing to Duke. :D
By LUDad
Might be time to give some of the young arms an opportunity.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU loses 7-4. :(
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
This is no knock on price because hes been the glue that held this staff together the last 3 years but hes cleary been fighting it for the last 3 to 4 weeks. Its not fair to keep putting him in these high leverage spots until he can work it out. I dont know if hes worn out or what but his stuff hasnt been sharp.

Backs up against the wall now.

If were gonna win its going to be pitching. Hitting it soo spotty all year.
By Jonathan Carone
This team is super frustrating. We're obviously talented enough to beat P5 teams in the midweek but we either lose focus or aren't good enough to put away other teams on the weekend.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:This team is super frustrating. We're obviously talented enough to beat P5 teams in the midweek but we either lose focus or aren't good enough to put away other teams on the weekend.
It is frustrating, but really think a lot of it is the simple fact that a few of our pitchers (most notably Price and McInvale) are not what they were a few weeks ago. After all they have done for the team this year, it's a pretty tough call for Jackson to put them on the back burner and give more innings to the young guys who have been pitching better of late.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I am hoping we can bounce back tonight and still win the series.

[tweet]
[/tweet]
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Flames set up a winner take all game 3 with a 4-2 win. Braband with 4 innings of 1 hit pitching to seal it.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Tomorrow will be huge. We control our destiny which is what you want.

[tweet]
[/tweet]
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Based on Skirrow's performance last week, I like our chances.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Big game this afternoon. You can tune in and join Nick as he calls the action.

[tweet]
[/tweet]
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Along with the regular season champ implications, this game also has Bill Bibb Trophy implications. Good graphic was tweeted out by ASOR Blue.

[tweet]
[/tweet]
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Skirrow has been jekyll and hyde most of year. Need a big outing from him today.

To add to oldflames comments it was also adametz and skirrows inconsistencies that led to the rough patch as well as price and mac. Skirrow has the best pure stuff on the staff and we need it. I would guess jackson will have a quick hook and have meyer ready to go 3 or 4 if needed.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Along with the regular season champ implications, this game also has Bill Bibb Trophy implications. Good graphic was tweeted out by ASOR Blue.

[tweet]
[/tweet]
Pretty sure we already have the trophy wrapped up. With baseball the only sport not decided, there is only a 3 point difference in the points to be awarded for first and second place. Our lead over FGCU is over 30 points.
By jweaks
LU Grad 11 wrote:Enter Mr. Hyde. :(
LOL
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We score 6 runs in the 8th and 9th, but the rally falls a run short as Locklear takes a called 3rd strike with runners on 2nd and 3rd to end the game. Last 3 runs came against their closer McGarry.
By LU Grad 11
Registration Days Posts
Almost a great comeback. We lose 10-9. Locklear really hurt us in the 3 hole, going 0-6 and leaving 8 on base. Think we need to move Galazin back to the 3 hole; he's hitting the ball well.
By LUDad
Proud of the grit they showed. Could have mailed it in at 9-1 but keep clawing their way back. If we have a few pitchers find their moxy we should be in good shape.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]