If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It was painful watching selection show and LU not getting in. All those 1 run losses kept haunting me.

Teams of note: Lipscomb to Alabama Regional. Long wood and UNC to Tennessee Regional. VT to Kentucky Regional. JMU to Michigan Regional.

Texas A&M with their 28-25 record and 8-10 conference record made it into the tournament.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
A lot of those 28 wins and 8 wins are better than LU’s. They have many more “good” wins than LU, same goes for “good” losses. Liberty has to win tourney to get in, and we knew it going into the tourney.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, why in the world would you pull for a liberal California school to beat a school from Virginia? Don't you have any loyalty to your home state?

I get it that you don't like UVa, Radford, Longwood, or JMU, don't you have any home state loyalty?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
JMU in the super regionals and LU (the right LU) in the NISC final four...if only CNU or VWU had made it further in the D3 tournament, we would be having a banner year in softball across the state
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach, why in the world would you pull for a liberal California school to beat a school from Virginia? Don't you have any loyalty to your home state?

I get it that you don't like UVa, Radford, Longwood, or JMU, don't you have any home state loyalty?
UVA, Radford and Longwood are very liberal, and I just not like JMU.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Newsflash: Ballcoach hates every team thats not in the SEC, VA Tech or Liberty.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Newsflash: Ballcoach hates every team thats not in the SEC, VA Tech or Liberty.
You are close. I also like Baylor and Marshall.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Marshall is liberal. So is JMU.
And I wouldn’t say Baylor is conservative anymore
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Marshall is liberal.
Compared to what? Compared to WVU's wild party life, Marshall is very conservative. And we don't burn couches.

https://www.elitedaily.com/life/culture ... in-america
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Granted, most schools are somewhat liberal, but Virginia has 3 of the most liberal colleges in America, in UVA, Radford and Longwood.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Granted, most schools are somewhat liberal, but Virginia has 3 of the most liberal colleges in America, in UVA, Radford and Longwood.
With all due respect, UVA, Radford and Longwood are nowhere near as liberal as UC-Berkley, Stanford, the Ivies, Colorado, etc...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:JK, if you want a current article, WVU has DROPPED to the #3 party school in the country in 2019. Your 'Eers are slipping!

https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/t ... y-schools/
We had dropped out of the Top 10 when I was there. The President ran an editorial in the student paper saying how great it was. The student editors ran an editorial saying what a shame it was.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:JMU in the super regionals and LU (the right LU) in the NISC final four...if only CNU or VWU had made it further in the D3 tournament, we would be having a banner year in softball across the state
It was somewhat of a banner year.

Liberty is in Final 4 of NIT. JMU, VT and the school in Farmville made NCAA tournament. University of Lynchburg made D III Super Regionals. I believe a couple other D III schools from state made NCAA tournament.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Granted, most schools are somewhat liberal, but Virginia has 3 of the most liberal colleges in America, in UVA, Radford and Longwood.
With all due respect, UVA, Radford and Longwood are nowhere near as liberal as UC-Berkley, Stanford, the Ivies, Colorado, etc...
No need to give the "all due respect." BC knows that his comment was dumb and unfounded.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]