The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We leave runner on 3B with 1 out.
I was left on 3rd base a lot
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
North Florida scores 3 in top of 5. We should have walked their best hitter with 2 out, she was 5-5 against us in tournament..
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Well, that was................ disappointing. :oops:

We knew we were taking a pretty big step up in competition in the ASUN, but with the early success, I was hoping we had enough to compete. On to the best of the losers tournament.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:North Florida scores 3 in top of 5. We should have walked their best hitter with 2 out, she was 5-5 against us in tournament..
:beatinghorse

It would not have made one bit of difference. She would still have been on base, and since the next 3 batters had hits, she would still have scored.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:North Florida scores 3 in top of 5. We should have walked their best hitter with 2 out, she was 5-5 against us in tournament..
:beatinghorse

It would not have made one bit of difference. She would still have been on base, and since the next 3 batters had hits, she would still have scored.
3 games we hit 12-67 (.179 BA). Bishops 2-16.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I guess it's now on to the NISC tournament . I think we host a regional, and if we win that it's on to Colorado for championship .

Hopefully we can regain focus at the plate.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Losing to the 6th seed is not the way I wanted our ASun season to end. I would say this is a disappointment but at the same time the ASun is more stacked than the Big South but I am not sure it is as good as I thought it would be prior to the season.

With that said, hitting certainly is something that needs to be worked on as ballcoach has harped on often throughout the season.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
#firedot

I figured I’d start that for those who think they are better coached than who LU has and want everyone fired after any seasonal disappointment
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Is this cumulatively the most disappointing season for a Liberty team since football the year after playoffs?
Probably but I don't follow softball often enough to have the same feelings I had then...much to ballcoach's chagrin.

I think the step up in competition is at least and excuse that can be given. I am not sure what excuse the football program could have...
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Is this cumulatively the most disappointing season for a Liberty team since football the year after playoffs?
I would think so and it may be more disappointing than that one. We were a preseason top 25 team in several people's minds. I know the football team was too but at the FCS level. We had everyone back from a team that made a regional final and we were eliminated by the 6th seed in the conference tourney.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
With the NISC still ahead, I don't want to get into next year too much, but for those who are talking about how we need to improve our hitting (which we certainly do), unfortunately that may actually be our strong point next year. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see anyone coming up who is in a league with Julia or Chase. We will probably have to score a lot more runs just to be competitive.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:
I would think so and it may be more disappointing than that one. We were a preseason top 25 team in several people's minds. I know the football team was too but at the FCS level. We had everyone back from a team that made a regional final and we were eliminated by the 6th seed in the conference tourney.
I would add the 13-14 MBB team to that list. A boatload of Seniors with almost everyone back from the miracle tournament run plus we get Antoine Burrus back from injury, and they were just flat-out awful.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This is the most disappointing season in history of LU sports, and there are no excuses. We just had trouble hitting. especially situational hitting.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:This is the most disappointing season in history of LU sports, and there are no excuses. We just had trouble hitting. especially situational hitting.
I suppose if I thought the world revolved around softball I might agree. Obviously, I don't. We took a huge step up in competition and came up short. Hopefully that higher level of competition will lead to a higher level of recruits in the next few years. If it does not, we are going to struggle.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:This is the most disappointing season in history of LU sports...
Ballcoach, step away from the cliff. Do you honestly think that Dot's 37 wins and a 2nd place finish in the ASUN is a more disappointing season than when Ken Karcher's LU football team won ONE game in 2005?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:This is the most disappointing season in history of LU sports...
Ballcoach, step away from the cliff. Do you honestly think that Dot's 37 wins and a 2nd place finish in the ASUN is a more disappointing season than when Ken Karcher's LU football team won ONE game in 2005?
Maybe he ran out of quarters for his bed and didn’t sleep well
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Top 10 pitching staff (ERA) this year but after hitting .299 last year with 36 HRs, we significantly under performed offensively this year with virtually the same lineup.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Chippy wrote:Top 10 pitching staff (ERA) this year but after hitting .299 last year with 36 HRs, we significantly under performed offensively this year with virtually the same lineup.

That's what's so difficult to figure out.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, this is not rocket science. The ASUN is a much stronger softball conference than the Big South is. You should know that better than anyone else on this board. Lipscomb is ranked 40th in the country compared to Longwood ranked 74th. LU was ranked 52nd.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/ ... ftball-rpi
By Dalegarz1
Old flame wrote: I suppose if I thought the world revolved around softball I might agree. Obviously, I don't. We took a huge step up in competition and came up short. Hopefully that higher level of competition will lead to a higher level of recruits in the next few years. If it does not, we are going to struggle.

I believe the second half of this post is the most salient point. Our weaknesses were exposed this year by better competition. Recruiting has to center on more productive hitters plus a dominant pitcher to replace JD.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]