Your home to discuss Liberty football recruiting. Prospect profiles, the latest commitments, prospects, and much more.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

This kid will actually be with the 2019 class, I was confused due to the Yahtzee tweet by HCHF. I believe there is still atleast 2 silent commits from this past weekend for the 2020 class. I know it is the way of recruiting now with all the media attention but I wish if a kid made a commitment that he would go ahead and make it public.
I hope Mr. Campbell, with 3 Ivy offers, researches the LU Honors Program. Study
To quote coach Meyer, this coaching staff is "hungry."
tyndal23 wrote:Curious to know how much our recruiting budget and support staff increased this year - seems like we are offering about 5 players a day - unreal how active this staff is.
While it's probably good, it's making it really hard to track. I sort of gave up at paying attention until I see a few more commits.
tyndal23 wrote:Curious to know how much our recruiting budget and support staff increased this year - seems like we are offering about 5 players a day - unreal how active this staff is.
I don't doubt there has been an increase, but I also don't think that is the primary difference. It's more about less entitlement and higher expectations.
i have a buddy who is a GA at another G5 school (non liberty guy). He is very impressed at the work the guys are doing on the trail. He says freezes desire or perceived desire to get back to sec is the only thing that could hurt this recruiting. Says we are in on a lot of the same talent and kids are looking at LU differently big time now between facilities fbs and freeze and staff wearing it out. He did say most the schools are trying to wear out that fact that freeze wont coach them all 4 or 5 years. He did feel like his continued comments (when being asked) about it are making that narrative easier.

It would really be nice if he could figure out a better way to answer that question because it isnt going away. In fact its only going to get louder with success.

Heres to some more action with camp season coming up.
No we're starting from scratch. For personal reasons there are already people on staff I'm ready to move on from but I'll keep that to myself.

I think it would be smart to look at a school like ACU or another Christian School with a successful coach to pull up. It keep us from overspending on coaches in the short term and anchors the mission in football.
If HF doesn't stay but a couple of years, it isn't a big deal to the University, or the program. It may be a problem convincing recruits to attend LU. But if he leaves, we will find someone equally as good. Most people have no idea the people who have applied or interested in coaching at LU. Our previous AD didn't do a very good job of contacting/searching out, some of these fully-qualified, christian, candidates.
I am sure it had to do with ego. He didn't want to bring anyone in who would get more attention than him. I have heard that from more than a couple of people, including one person that he interviewed with SEC experience, outstanding christian and wanted to work at LU. He told me that JB appeared very intimidated, just interviewing him. 8)
We have definitely moved up to another level with our new athletic admin.
jinxy wrote:Interesting observation class. Would love to hear more. Sounds like something you wouldnt want to post on here. Pm?
I would suspect that not all his staff share his same world view. Humility and graciousness were also not job requirements. But that’s how it is with most Big Time Programs. If LU wants to run with the Big Dogs expectations from the fans need to change
Class of 20Something wrote:No we're starting from scratch. For personal reasons there are already people on staff I'm ready to move on from but I'll keep that to myself.

I think it would be smart to look at a school like ACU or another Christian School with a successful coach to pull up. It keep us from overspending on coaches in the short term and anchors the mission in football.
I wouldn't call it exactly "keeping it to yourself" when you make a point of saying it publicly, even without names or specifics. I disagree with pretty much every aspect of your post, and as far as you being ready to "move on" from people on staff you dislike for some reason, I'm pretty sure if they were from here where I live, they would respond " entonces vete".
1 and done 9-3 would be a major set back with how it would really screw up recruiting in this very important recruiting year for the FBS foundation - a 1 and done 13-0 With bowl win - I would say that is worth the short term hit just based on Program Perception. 2 and done, not ideal but Program could absorb it - we would at least be 2 deep with some good talent and hopefully not a lot of transfers out.
I think this is going to be a good year for HCHF. I think we go 8-4. I think depending on a bowl game 9-4 might get him some P5 head coach jobs (Bobby Petrino went 8-4 with WKU). I think 7-5 he stays with us and I expect to regress in 2020. So 7-5 or worse he stays 2+ years. 9-4 or better he is gone.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]