This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Prior to Saturday's game with Stetson, there will be an Air Force C-17 Flyover. Plane will be piloted by Cam Locklear's father. Everyone not in Jacksonville for softball game, should come out for Saturday's game.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Prior to Saturday's game with Stetson, there will be an Air Force C-17 Flyover. Plane will be piloted by Cam Locklear's father. Everyone not in Jacksonville for softball game, should come out for Saturday's game.
I can’t decide which one I’d rather attend. Any advice?
By LUDad
Is anyone else having a hard time finding Friday's game on espn? I cannot find it on roku or my tablet.
By LUDad
If anyone involved with Liberty's espn plus streaming is listening, there are TWO links up for Sat.'s game and one for Sunday BUT no link for tonight's game.

EDIT: checked the weather and looks like we may indeed have two games tomorrow...
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:If anyone involved with Liberty's espn plus streaming is listening, there are TWO links up for Sat.'s game and one for Sunday BUT no link for tonight's game.

EDIT: checked the weather and looks like we may indeed have two games tomorrow...
Yep we had some pretty heavy downpours for the past couple hours.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
(Ballcoach is reporting this from FLORIDA). He must have some really good sources. :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Me, you and my sources are among LU's Top 5 fans overall. I'd throw McCracken in there also.

We are not Fair Weather fans, like most.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You're also one of the most ignorant fans, unless we are talking softball.

I wish I had the time and money to travel to as many games as you do. Maybe in another 50 years when I'm your age my dream will come true ;)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:You're also one of the most ignorant fans, unless we are talking softball.

I wish I had the time and money to travel to as many games as you do. Maybe in another 50 years when I'm your age my dream will come true ;)
So you’re saying fraudcoach is your hero and you wanna grow up to be just like him.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:You're also one of the most ignorant fans, unless we are talking softball.

So you’re saying fraudcoach is your hero and you wanna grow up to be just like him.
Watch your filthy mouth!
ballcoach15 wrote:The key is good time management.
So when you were active duty you would've found all the time in the world to travel like you do now? That is some kind of voodoo magic. Not time management.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Today's game moved up to 10:00, to beat the rain
They will all be skipping church. I don’t think LU wins this one because of it
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Today's game moved up to 10:00, to beat the rain
They will all be skipping church. I don’t think LU wins this one because of it
There is always an evening service. I am going at 5 p.m. so I can watch the Masters and monitor the baseball game :wink:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
They can have church in locker room before or after the game.

Plus they can go to School of Music Concert at Thomas Road tonight.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:They can have church in locker room before or after the game.

Plus they can go to School of Music Concert at Thomas Road tonight.
That would not be church. I have no issue with playing the game at that time in order to get it in because of weather concerns, but let's be honest. They will be missing church, and probably more to the issue, so will anyone who attends the game. Showing what an :oldhag I am here, but back in my days on campus, we would NEVER schedule a game to conflict with a church service at TRBC, including Sunday evening and Wednesday night services. I do believe the current approach is more sensible, but it does leave us open to accusations of "hypocrisy" from the fundy crowd.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Yesterday's struggles with the bat in game 1 were not exactly expected, but no big surprise IMHO. With our dependence on L hand hitters, a lefty with the stuff Gonzalez has is going to be a big challenge. It's actually pretty impressive that it hasn't happened more often.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Church is a body of believers gathering together in one place to worship The Lord.
Matthew 18:20 says, where two or three are gathered together in my name.
Last edited by ballcoach15 on April 14th, 2019, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Jonathan Carone
You act like athletes go to church in the morning when they have 1pm starts on Sunday. They have team chapel and then get ready for the game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Good post J Carone.

I know a fellow who went by the game on his way to church and watched some early innings. That's dedication.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]