The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:I would love to see us be the ones to finally knock off FGCU.
Not. Gonna. Happen.
By cruzan_flame13
JK37 wrote:
Not. Gonna. Happen.
Oh ye of little faith Play Basketball.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:You like anything? Seems all you talk about is what you don't like
Apparently he likes complaining about everything he doesn't like and when anything changes.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
Not. Gonna. Happen.
Oh, they are good, and a couple of months ago I would have thought the same. However, after losing to them by a single point at the Vines a month ago, I'm not going to say we can't do it. Gotta beat N Florida first.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Last night's attendance was "estimated" at 190, according to the local paper. I was there with Ballcoach and TF, but the place was mostly empty, due to the combination of students being gone for Spring Break and the SNOW.
By Chainsaw777
Cider Jim wrote:Last night's attendance was "estimated" at 190, according to the local paper. I was there with Ballcoach and TF, but the place was mostly empty, due to the combination of students being gone for Spring Break and the SNOW.
I was there and if 190 where in attendance, 100 were security, serving food and custodians!!!!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Chainsaw777 wrote:I was there and if 190 where in attendance, 100 were security, serving food and custodians!!!!
Maybe they were also counting both teams, coaches, and refs.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Seems as if every time LU has a big game at home, students are on break. I know very little about college academic schedules, but maybe we should hold off on breaks until after each sports season., if possible. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Seems as if every time LU has a big game at home, students are on break. I know very little :lol:

FIFY.....again :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU fans can catch a triple header tomorrow. Softball at 3, then after softball rush over to baseball, then head to Vines Center. I know 3 who will catch all 3 events.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Chainsaw777 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Last night's attendance was "estimated" at 190, according to the local paper. I was there with Ballcoach and TF, but the place was mostly empty, due to the combination of students being gone for Spring Break and the SNOW.
I was there and if 190 where in attendance, 100 were security, serving food and custodians!!!!
I was there and brought 7 other people with me. Spring break really hurt us.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lady Flames win 65-51 over North Florida. Headed to championship game. Game was tied 29-29 at halftime. Strong 2nd half. Coach Green is Coach of Year in my book.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We play FGCU Sunday at 3:00 for ASUN championship.
If someone would have predicted this after our first 10 games, I would have said that they were crazy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Did anyone notice ASUN had an all female ref crew for this game ?
Welcome to the 21st century. That’s not all that rare nowadays
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Did anyone notice ASUN had an all female ref crew for this game ?
Welcome to the 21st century. That’s not all that rare nowadays
First time I have ever seen this in 12 years I've been following LU. Pointed this out to my wife during the game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I’ve seen it a few times this season.
Well we probably watch more WBB than anyone else so that would explain it. Ha
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
At Texas A&M there were 3 female umpires for a couple of the LU games. But I don't recall seeing all female crew at any of A&M's games.

Sometimes I think NCAA goes overboard trying to be politically correct, or trying to make a social statement.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:At Texas A&M there were 3 female umpires for a couple of the LU games. But I don't recall seeing all female crew at any of A&M's games.

Sometimes I think NCAA goes overboard trying to be politically correct, or trying to make a social statement.
Or, maybe it's just that within the relatively small subset of people who are interested enough to go through whatever the qualifying process is to umpire D1 softball, there might be quite a few who PLAYED the sport, and since it's 2019, not 1950, there is nothing to stop them from doing it.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]