If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I know we are no longer there, but I thought I would note that Charleston Southern just knocked off our longtime nemesis Winthrop
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
and Gwebb's boys knock off Campbell and deny the nation a chance to see Chris Clemons in the Big Dance
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:and Gwebb's boys knock off Campbell and deny the nation a chance to see Chris Clemons in the Big Dance
Our resident G-Webb guy has been saying their team was talented and has underachieved. Looks like he knew what he was talking about. Play Basketball
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Looking at the G-Webb/Campbell box score, the thing that stood out to me was that the Bulldogs only put Cleamons on the FT line 3 times. That's not normal for him, and was HUGE for them.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I just saw in Roanoke paper that Radford is hosting BSC championship game. When the Dedmon Center is site for a D1 championship game, the stars are not aligned or something.
I believe the BSC is using the same format as the ASUN. Every tournament game is played at the court of the higher seed. The Dedmon Center is dated, and I believe it holds 3100. I highly doubt it will be filled for the game, but there will be a lot more fans there than if the game were held at some neutral site with an arena that met your stringent standards.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I just saw in Roanoke paper that Radford is hosting BSC championship game. When the Dedmon Center is site for a D1 championship game, the stars are not aligned or something.
I believe the BSC is using the same format as the ASUN. Every tournament game is played at the court of the higher seed. The Dedmon Center is dated, and I believe it holds 3100. I highly doubt it will be filled for the game, but there will be a lot more fans there than if the game were held at some neutral site with an arena that met your stringent standards.
Big South was a hybrid. The first-round games were at campus sites, the quarters and semis were at the No. 1 seed (Campbell), and the championship game was played at the highest remaining seed after the semis (Radford). Smart way to do it. Still feels like a tournament for a couple of days, but in the end, you want a good crowd for your league's only true ESPN showcase game. Gardner-Webb/Radford in Buies Creek would have drawn flies.
Chris Lang wrote:
oldflame wrote:
Big South was a hybrid. The first-round games were at campus sites, the quarters and semis were at the No. 1 seed (Campbell), and the championship game was played at the highest remaining seed after the semis (Radford). Smart way to do it. Still feels like a tournament for a couple of days, but in the end, you want a good crowd for your league's only true ESPN showcase game. Gardner-Webb/Radford in Buies Creek would have drawn flies.
This is probably my favorite of the formats...rewards #1 seed (even though Campbell didn't take advantage of it), has a tournament feel for the quarters/semis, and guarantees a good atmosphere/crowd for the championship game. It is a tough format to plan for (both for fans and for the league)...and one day, a Charleston Southern or Presbyterian may earn the #1 seed, and then what do you do? But so far, that hasn't happened, and it has been fun to attend as a fan.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]