The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
This weekend we host the Liberty Softball Classic.

Rutgers, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, Cleveland State, and Quinnipiac come to Lynchburg. I haven't complied a scouting report on the teams yet. Thus I know nothing about them, other than Rutgers, who we played in Texas.

Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.

LU has the second longest "home" win streak in the nation, behind Florida Gators. Julia DiMartino has retired the last 28 batters she has faced.
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:This weekend we host the Liberty Softball Classic.

Rutgers, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, Cleveland State, and Quinnipiac come to Lynchburg. I haven't complied a scouting report on the teams yet. Thus I know nothing about them, other than Rutgers, who we played in Texas.

Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.

LU has the second longest "home" win streak in the nation, behind Florida Gators. Julia DiMartino has retired the last 28 batters she has faced.
28 :shock:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It's hard to get a good report on many northern teams, in that they have played so few games. Quinnipaic has only played 5 games, (2-3). Their pitching seems somewhat decent, but their schedule has been weak.
Rutgers is probably best of the visiting teams. Their record isn't great, but if my memory is correct they lost some close games at Texas A&M.
By Dalegarz1
What concerns me is that this will be the second "tourney" that has average to below average teams. When we go out west it will be a large step up in competition.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Just received weather forecast from #sources. It will take a miracle for any softball to be played in Lynchburg tomorrow.
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:Just received weather forecast from #sources. It will take a miracle for any softball to be played in Lynchburg tomorrow.
The football woes are now thrashing SB
By Dalegarz1
The weather will always be a factor for attendance. Having said that, an appearance in the super regionals with TV coverage would, IMHO, generate a lot more local and student interest. A world series appearance would be a blockbuster. As much as some of us love the game, the majority love a winner more!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I think were are winning enough now, to be drawing more fans. I wish local media would cover softball more. Only the die hard fans probably even know season has started.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]