The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
0-3 start in ASUN with all 3 being blowouts. If it wasn't for us playing great against their cheerleaders in mop up time the losses would be by a greater margin. Jacksonville beat us by 12 but we scored the last 7 points of the game to make it respectable and our closest loss of the 3, outscored Stetson 13-2 in the last 4 minutes and still lost by 18, same with FGCU. Next game is KSU who beat Jacksonville by 20!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
with Keyen playing, it is a different season, but with at being said, I think Carey's best years are behind him IMO.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We just put a whoopin on N Florida 69-53. Maybe the ladies have read this thread and it lit a fire under them. 8)
I hope the men can do as well tonight.

BTW, Bridgett Rettstatt had 15 and 9. Someone here said she is just on the team because her sister was. False. Fact is, her sister was initially a walkon, and not nearly as talented. Bridgett is a very athletic 6'2", and is our leading rebounder and second leading scorer. She has as much upside as anyone we have.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
She, as a sophomore, is at least 10 times better than her sister was as a senior. If she were to stay on the court and out of foul trouble she could easily be a 20 and 10 type of player.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So now you guys DON’T want to fire Green?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
What have you done for me lately?

You’re never quite as good or as bad as you think you are.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Often times a team is as good as "last game played".
I’m not totally sure to what you are referring. But insomuch as I understand you, I could not disagree more.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am a lot older than you, but I have heard the saying for many years, "you're only as good as your last game played".
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Why does it matter that you’re older? He’s more intelligent and more experienced.
More experienced, that is doubtful.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I noticed you didnt argue the intelligence part.

:)

I guess we could get Cider Jim to give us an exam on the subject.
By Jonathan Carone
ballcoach15 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Why does it matter that you’re older? He’s more intelligent and more experienced.
More experienced, that is doubtful.
How many years have you coached Division I college basketball?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I am a lot older than you, but I have heard the saying for many years, "you're only as good as your last game played".
Ballcoach, there is so much fail piled up here in what you said...and JK has significantly more credibility than you in this case
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yeah. Not answering the question
Last edited by Purple Haize on January 21st, 2019, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I noticed you didnt argue the intelligence part.

:)
A wise move
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, y’all. I’m flattered. :D
ballcoach15 wrote:I am a lot older than you, but I have heard the saying for many years, "you're only as good as your last game played".
I said I disagreed. I’m not sure how age qualifies one’s credibility. Experience? Maybe. All depends on the type of experience. And I really don’t understand how you hearing a phrase for many years validates it....?

But I think maybe you were referring to the fact that suddenly everyone is okay with Green again? So the public’s perception is too heavily weighed by latest results? Maybe that’s what you meant, I’m not sure.

I just meant that if you were actually serious about a team only being as good as last game, I disagree. And I prefaced it by saying I don’t know if I understand you correctly. I’m still not sure what you meant.

So yeah, I’m really lost. Maybe you’re just waaaay more intelligent than I...
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]