Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

LUnpretty11 wrote:I STILL don't know how to upload a photo into this thing, but there was a NSFW post on the instagram of "Shedro.tl" (Shedro Louis - WR from FLA). His account is private, but this is definitely a cause for concern. I don't know Shedro, I truly hope he excels in every facet of life at Liberty, but it is a bit of a red flag anytime you see something like that.

I apologize if this was posted elsewhere and I missed it.
Upload to imgur and get the image link. Then use the [img ][/img] coding with the url for the image in between the close and open brackets.
By CCWMichael
LU 57 wrote:
tyndal23 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:The difference with Freeze is night and day. You talk to people around the program and they all mention it. In my opinion, Freeze knows what it takes to lead an entire football program and not just a football team.
I have been watching a lot of Ole MIss footage on YouTube - ESPN U All Access - some great insight in to how he interacts, some on field practice, - all very impressive. He has a likeable intensity.
I have been watching those as well. I especially like how positive he and his staff are. You can tell it is not just lip service. It is evident his players absolutely bought in and the results speak for themselves. His pregame speeches are amazing as well.

Cannot wait to see this thing progress. Likely to travel to my first spring game in many, many moons.
If all goes well this year we are wanting to hit the spring game for a change.
It should be fun to watch the kids compete.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I predict this springs game will be more than the "basic package"
I disagree. What Spring Games go into the playbook in any depth ? They just run basic formations and sets without too many bells and whistles. I’m positive it will look different than what we’ve seen in recent years though
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I predict this springs game will be more than the "basic package"
I’m positive it will look different than what we’ve seen in recent years though

I agree 100% and that's what I was actually trying to say.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:USA Today is a highly liberal rag. I’m sure that tainted his opinion of a hiremade by LIBERTY.

Very true.. The short paragraph in article took a shot at Coach Freeze. In reality, LU should have received an A+
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Coach Freeze spoke at the Lynchburg Sports Club on Monday night, which is mostly a bunch of old guys in their 60s and 70s who love sports. Coach Freeze had so many great stories that he shared, and he had them hanging on every word. He was welcomed with open arms and there was a long Q&A at the end, and Coach Freeze did a great job answering every question. :clapping
By rtb72
So I met a guy who was an alumni from Ole Miss while HCHF was coaching there. I asked him what his thoughts were and he said he loved HF. Said he was really good at exploiting opponents weaknesses and could create individual game strategies that even with bigger, faster, more experienced and higher talented opponents....could find a way to compete. He talked about how when Ole Miss beat Alabama....HF produced a game plan that beat them even though they were bigger and more talented. We had a long conversation that really got me excited about the upcoming season. He said we had a lot to look forward to...especially when HF recruits started to dominate the roster makeup. I told him about our home opener against 'cuse' and he said he wouldn't be surprised if LU (Freeze) finds a way to "pull an upset". Just wanted to share one Ole Miss fan's perspective on our coach. I hate to wish away summer.....but I sure wish today was August 30th.
Arkansas State

In 2010, he joined the staff at Arkansas State as offensive coordinator after a brief stint as offensive coordinator at San Jose State University under Mike MacIntyre. The Red Wolves finished with a 4–8 record, but their offensive rankings jumped from 95th in total offense and 90th in scoring offense in the NCAA Division I FBS to 43rd and 46th, respectively. The Red Wolves' offense broke nine school records including total plays (856), first downs (262), pass attempts (438), pass completions (266), completion percentage (.607), passing yards (3,057), passing yards per game (254.8), and passing touchdowns (23). The Red Wolves' offense averaged 403.4 yards per game, eclipsing over 300 yards all 12 times it took the field for the first time in the history of the program. A-State posted at least 400 yards of total offense in seven games during the 2010 campaign, the most ever as an NCAA FBS member, all in his first year as offensive coordinator. After the season, Freeze was promoted to replace head coach Steve Roberts.[14]

In 2011, his only season as head coach at Arkansas State, he led the Red Wolves to a 10–2 record and their first Sun Belt Conference title since 2005. The Red Wolves' offense averaged 447.8 ypg (28th nationally, 1st in Sun Belt Conference) including 293.6 ypg passing and 154.2 ypg rushing.[15] Freeze left Arkansas State before Arkansas State's post-season appearance in the GoDaddy.com Bowl.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Freeze

Hugh Freeze inherited a dumpster fire at Arkansas State. That is not the case at Liberty. With the veteran offense returning at Liberty and Hugh Freeze being a top 50 coach and top 10 offensive mind, I can't imagine many single season offensive records remaining after this year.

I don't want to compare us to Ole Miss, but I think overall, our talent is probably close to what Arkansas State had that season. How would that team fare against our schedule for 2019?
That is pure speculation but it doesn't really take a genius to figure out that HF loves the SEC. I wouldn't be surprised if he returned at some point. If that happens, that would mean he has found some great success here. Which I would be happy with.
By LUOrange
thepostman wrote: July 11th, 2019, 3:29 pm That is pure speculation but it doesn't really take a genius to figure out that HF loves the SEC. I wouldn't be surprised if he returned at some point. If that happens, that would mean he has found some great success here. Which I would be happy with.
Yeah, he'll return to the SEC by taking us with him! :mrgreen:
LUOrange wrote: July 11th, 2019, 9:02 pm
thepostman wrote: July 11th, 2019, 3:29 pm That is pure speculation but it doesn't really take a genius to figure out that HF loves the SEC. I wouldn't be surprised if he returned at some point. If that happens, that would mean he has found some great success here. Which I would be happy with.
Yeah, he'll return to the SEC by taking us with him! :mrgreen:
That would be nice
LUOrange wrote: July 11th, 2019, 9:02 pmYeah, he'll return to the SEC by taking us with him! :mrgreen:
That's the :koolaid I want to be drinking! :clapping
NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]