The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Dalegarz1
Very refreshing and, as always, optimistic. I expect a very good season with competitive games against national powers. Having said that, I don't think we will be dominant in the circle against elite competition. JD is a talented pitcher but could use 5-6 more mph on her rise.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
LU was voted number 1 in pre season ASUN poll by coaches. Autumn Bishop player of year, and Julia Demartino pitcher of year
By Dalegarz1
In the Triple Crown Tournament we will play:
BYU
Notre Dame
Duke
Baylor
Washington

What is everybody's prediction for our record at the end of the tournament?
Mine is 3-2 with losses to Notre Dame and Washington.
By Dalegarz1
I think a win against Notre Dame is quite possible. Their ace is Alexis Holloway. Last year she was 32-21 with a 2.55 era. She gave up a little less than a hit an inning and had the same strikeout ratio. I'm not sure she has lived up to her potential. She was the Gatorade player of the year in high school for the state of Indiana.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:I think a win against Notre Dame is quite possible. Their ace is Alexis Holloway. Last year she was 32-21 with a 2.55 era. She gave up a little less than a hit an inning and had the same strikeout ratio. I'm not sure she has lived up to her potential. She was the Gatorade player of the year in high school for the state of Indiana.
That's a high ERA, in reality. Sounds like the Golden Doomers only have 1 pitcher, in that she was involved in 53 decisions.
By Dalegarz1
Slight correction on ND pitcher. Her record was 22-15. By far and away their most used pitcher.
Really looking forward to the season! Lots of exciting things happening on the mountain. Men's BB is on the rise nationally-there's a buzz around spring practice for football and softball is finally here!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Dalegarz1 wrote:Slight correction on ND pitcher. Her record was 22-15. By far and away their most used pitcher.
Really looking forward to the season! Lots of exciting things happening on the mountain. Men's BB is on the rise nationally-there's a buzz around spring practice for football and softball is finally here!
I predict this spring's football practice will be the most anticipated in LU history. :football
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I predict this spring's football practice will be the most anticipated in LU history. :football
Ballcoach, you're talking about football on the softball thread? :dontgetit
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider, Dalegarz mentioned it, and I thought it was important enough to comment on. In the fall, I may mention softball on football thread. No harm, no foul.
By Dalegarz1
Quick stats on UW pitchers.

Gabbie Plain: 22-5, 1.01 era, over 1 k/inning (six-footer from Australia)
Taran Alveolo: 23-5, 1.30 era, 1.3k's/inning
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU softball had a home scrimmage this afternoon, but our Ballcoach was no where in sight. :shock: Furthermore, my source say Ballcoach skipped the scrimmage and was down in Gretna riding his bicycle for exercise.
:oldhag
By CCWMichael
Cider Jim wrote:LU softball had a home scrimmage this afternoon, but our Ballcoach was no where in sight. :shock: Furthermore, my source say Ballcoach skipped the scrimmage and was down in Gretna riding his bicycle for exercise.
:oldhag
So, how did the girls look?
Am I allowed to say girls?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I was just walking past the stadium on my way to an LU parking lot after work, but one team LU team was leading the other 5-0, according to the scoreboard.
By CCWMichael
If I resided local this is one sport I would attend on a regular basis.
At a certain point in my life I needed to retire from aggressive sports so I turned to slow pitch softball and loved it.
So grew a fascination.
The gals bring great banter to the game and frankly there are some great athletes on the field.
I hope they do well this year ... very, very well.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU's version is FAST PITCH, and it's fun to watch!
By CCWMichael
Cider Jim wrote:LU's version is FAST PITCH, and it's fun to watch!
Apologies for not clarifying but fully aware fast pitch .... with a shorter reaction time with 65-80 mph. :shock:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I was just walking past the stadium on my way to an LU parking lot after work, but one team LU team was leading the other 5-0, according to the scoreboard.
Cider, you should have stopped, and watched the scrimmage, and given us a scouting report.

I will attempt to get some feedback on scrimmage.
By LUSBFan
I have spent some time around the team. Looking very good as a whole. Pitchers throwing well. Hitters hitting well and some of the freshman look pretty good for their first preseason on the team. I am really excited for this season. I expect some big games against some of the best teams in the nation. Washington will for sure be a tough test but I believe we need to just compete against teams like this. I am not saying we do not need win against these top ten teams in the nation but I believe bigger games we need to win are JMU(24), Long Beach State(22), Pitt(48), McNeese (41) and Notre Dame (38). I think if we can get these wins along with win the ASUN regular season/post season our softball team will be ranked pretty high. I am very curious about the game vs UCLA. Softball has lost two years in a row to UCLA but UCLA did not really take the lead in these games until the bottom of the 6th. I know since Coach Richardson is a UCLA Alum I feel she really wants to get a win out in California vs #3 team in the nation.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The softball team will be at River Ridge Mall for a Meet & Greet, Friday January 25, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Ballcoach, will you be going early and staying the full 2 hours?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]