Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:
If you call posting multiple times in multiple threads on this forum every day disappearing, I guess I disappeared. I didn't see the need to make a point of saying I was wrong on the Wimbo call. Not the first time. Won't be the last.

You were right.
I was wrong.
Feel better?
Much! Thanks, pal.
By CCWMichael
I like the way he handled that presser.
Assembled a great team in my view.
Love the comment about two fCs .. it does add a bit more pressure.

Let's go bowling!
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:Has anyone heard of anybody on "old staff" getting job at another school ?
I have bee following them on twitter and have not seen anything there.
Are they getting offers? Don't know.
Where are they marketing themselves? Don't know.
Big conference in Texas and I would not be surprised if they put the word out hard there.
I am sure they will not post where they are interviewing.
By CCWMichael
Jonathan Carone wrote:We also don’t know if they’re still getting paid by Liberty. If they are, they may not be rushing to find a new job.
And, there is that.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
If they are perceived by the D1 football community to be good coaches, they should be getting picked up very soon. Will be interesting to see.
As far as them being paid by LU, I don't see that as a reason, any of them should be taking a year off. Yes, they might have a year of salary coming to them, but it is always easier to find a job when there is not a gap in employment. Most of these guys are still fairly young and at least one is HC material, according to some. 8)
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:If they are perceived by the D1 football community to be good coaches, they should be getting picked up very soon. Will be interesting to see.
As far as them being paid by LU, I don't see that as a reason, any of them should be taking a year off. Yes, they might have a year of salary coming to them, but it is always easier to find a job when there is not a gap in employment. Most of these guys are still fairly young and at least one is HC material, according to some. 8)
Make that "2", based on what I was told in middle of season.
By Jonathan Carone
Most staffs are already completely. And for the guys who helped Freeze recruit through the early signing period, that put them even further behind in terms of staffs being full.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Most staffs are already completely. And for the guys who helped Freeze recruit through the early signing period, that put them even further behind in terms of staffs being full.
With modern communications, job hunting is not the full time job it used to be. I'm sure those guys were pursuing their options while perhaps still hoping to impress Freeze enough to be retained, and regardless of their status for the next year, they were certainly being well paid while they did it.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Most staffs are already completely. And for the guys who helped Freeze recruit through the early signing period, that put them even further behind in terms of staffs being full.
With modern communications, job hunting is not the full time job it used to be. I'm sure those guys were pursuing their options while perhaps still hoping to impress Freeze enough to be retained, and regardless of their status for the next year, they were certainly being well paid while they did it.
Not all of them. Most off field positions were hourly under Gill.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I finally had time to research Coach Freeze's staff. 6 of the 10 assistants have experience at Power 5 schools.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
60%? That was an F when I was in school. At my Sisters HS it was a D-
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:I had opportunity to talk with 2 of our new coaches today. Very impressed.
Who? and<, what impressed you?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I have been told by multiple people that Hugh Freeze has fired former Liberty great and RB Coach Mike Brown. I have also been told that Freeze didn't have the guts to handle it himself and made another staff member to do it. Multiple people told me that Freeze handled this really poorly. The timing is really bad because it will be harder for Mike to pick up a job this late in the coaching cycle. This is about as PG as I can be on the subject matter but not impressed with how Hugh handled this at all.
By Ewglenn
givemethemic wrote:I have been told by multiple people that Hugh Freeze has fired former Liberty great and RB Coach Mike Brown. I have also been told that Freeze didn't have the guts to handle it himself and made another staff member to do it. Multiple people told me that Freeze handled this really poorly. The timing is really bad because it will be harder for Mike to pick up a job this late in the coaching cycle. This is about as PG as I can be on the subject matter but not impressed with how Hugh handled this at all.
It stinks if this is true but doesn’t surprise me. He never seemed committed to the hire.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:I have been told by multiple people that Hugh Freeze has fired former Liberty great and RB Coach Mike Brown. I have also been told that Freeze didn't have the guts to handle it himself and made another staff member to do it. Multiple people told me that Freeze handled this really poorly. The timing is really bad because it will be harder for Mike to pick up a job this late in the coaching cycle. This is about as PG as I can be on the subject matter but not impressed with how Hugh handled this at all.
"Sources" :D
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:
"Sources" :D[/quote

I'll confirm the basics. Can't confirm the how though.

I do wonder if he has a Running Backs coach in mind when he made the decision.

Is it plausible that he asked his chief of staff to do it? Because that doesn't sound as unreasonable.
By CCWMichael
I recall Freeze stating it was a wait and see by him.
A tough part of leadership is letting people go.
But man, if your going to lead take the lead in everything.
Lead by example.
If thyis is the case I hope he does everything he can to manage and correct this quickly.
Anyhow, anybody know why Brown was considered not a fit?
F.A.I.T.H.
B.E.L.I.E.V.E.
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:
thepostman wrote:
"Sources" :D[/quote

I'll confirm the basics. Can't confirm the how though.

I do wonder if he has a Running Backs coach in mind when he made the decision.

Is it plausible that he asked his chief of staff to do it? Because that doesn't sound as unreasonable.
Chief of staff would be less damaging. As much as I think he should have done it delegation of authority is his to manage and this person doing it in his place not a bad move.

From what I can tell, these guys will confirm th[…]

I do most of my reading on airplanes and trains th[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]