Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Freeze showed more outward passion and excitement in this press conference than we've had the past seven years. It's so much easier to get excited when there's emotion and passion displayed from that position.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Freeze showed more outward passion and excitement in this press conference than we've had the past seven years. It's so much easier to get excited when there's emotion and passion displayed from that position.
I was thinking the exact same thing Jon. Out of respect for our previous coach, I was going to wait a little while before expressing that thought, but glad you did.
Great press conference.

PS. To all of you that can't wait to join the Flames Cub, please tell them that I recommended you. I need the points. :) David Brown.
By tyndal23
I get it now. I wasn’t to high on his Convo speech but this seemed genuine and motivational. Can we do the P5 scheduling now or do you guys still want to wait another 20 years...ha.
flameshaw wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Freeze showed more outward passion and excitement in this press conference than we've had the past seven years. It's so much easier to get excited when there's emotion and passion displayed from that position.
I was thinking the exact same thing Jon. Out of respect for our previous coach, I was going to wait a little while before expressing that thought, but glad you did.
Great press conference.

PS. To all of you that can't wait to join the Flames Cub, please tell them that I recommended you. I need the points. :) David Brown.
I definitely didn't mean it as a disrespect. Outward emotion just isn't who Turner Gill is. His players and coaches loved him and he's a great guy. But as a fan, having someone who makes me want to care is so much more fun.
I know some people are still skeptical of him, even after watching the convo talk. However, it's impossible to watch that press conference and see his emotions when talking about family and think he's not being authentic. If he can fake authenticity that well then good on him, he can take over the world.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jon, I don't think, even for a second, that you meant it disrespectful. I was just saying that I was glad someone besides myself made the comment you made. I have probably said too much about this subject in the past, so I am glad you recognized it and took the opportunity to say it for us.
I am very passionate about LU football and can beat a horse until it dies two or three times. 8)
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:I know some people are still skeptical of him, even after watching the convo talk. However, it's impossible to watch that press conference and see his emotions when talking about family and think he's not being authentic. If he can fake authenticity that well then good on him, he can take over the world.
100%

That was as genuine as it gets. He just won a press conference which is harder than you think.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
It's interesting to read both perspectives on this hire ... the genuine excitement of the LU fanbase versus the predictable mocking from the national media.
Last edited by Chris Lang on December 7th, 2018, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Lang wrote:It's interest to read both perspectives on this hire ... the genuine excitement of the LU fanbase versus the predictable mocking from the national media.
I'm good with jokes. I don't take most things too seriously so jokes are good.

What annoys me is the self-righteousness of some of the national guys, especially given some of their reputations.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:uh.. we've already played P5's?
And beat one too if I'm not mistaken.

Freeze is gonna have to hit the ground running with hiring a staff and probably use a ton of frequent flyer miles for recruiting these next 11+ days ahead of the early signing day
By Ewglenn
Jonathan Carone wrote:I don’t want to steal clicks from Damien so I won’t post it here, but the quotes from Ian in his latest article article were really informative.
Link?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Lots of good quotes in Damien's article but one of Jerry's really rubbed me the wrong way but I suppose this is not the time or the place for that debate.

I am excited about this hire and truly think Freeze is a changed man. The emotion both he and his family showed today I think proved that.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]