Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Purple Haize wrote:Why is no one talking about the potential of LU being the next season of Last Chance U if they hire Freeze?
Well for starters, we are not a JUCO college. Although I would like to know where this going......
He should never have made this public. BJ is a quick study...no need in paying a premium for him now.

BJ dust off the whiteboard...time to get to work.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Why is no one talking about the potential of LU being the next season of Last Chance U if they hire Freeze?
Well for starters, we are not a JUCO college. Although I would like to know where this going......
Nothing says it has to be a JUCO
TH Spangler wrote:
What we’re hearing:

It looks like Freeze is FSU’s top option at this time. Working out details about contract duration and Freeze having total control of the offense are still in play. Alabama’s OC position opening up and interest from Liberty have complicated negotiations, however.
https://247sports.com/college/florida-s ... 125975725/
I don´t doubt Freeze is FSU´s top option. The more important question is, are they HIS top option. I also cannot imagine Willie Taggert giving any OC total control of the offense.
Hoping HF brings those RED PANTS (in the video) to Lynchburg! :shock:
Purple Haize wrote:Freeze would have more stability here at LU than at FSU. Heck is a year or two he could probably hire Taggart

I don't see Taggart lasting very long at FSU. Bad hire from day 1.

If Freeze doesn't get LU job, I will be shocked and disappointed.
ballcoach15 wrote:
FlamesHighontheTide wrote:any news from your sources ball coach?
Only what I have posted in codes.
“Codes”
By NeoFlame
I was told it would be wrapped up today, so hearing press conference got pushed I was a little surprised. This news makes a lot more sense to me. You guys should be really proud, LU just beat out several of the top programs in the country.

Now just pray there isn't the 11th hour "uh-oh" before the ink dries.
LUAlum1215 wrote:Jon Reed (Fox Sports Knoxville) is reporting Freeze will accept the LU job. Of course no sources named, but seems to be the first media member to report such news.
Add “Big Joe” with WSMV in Nashville to those reporting this news. Looks like it’s happening folks.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
NeoFlame wrote:I was told it would be wrapped up today, so hearing press conference got pushed I was a little surprised. This news makes a lot more sense to me. You guys should be really proud, LU just beat out several of the top programs in the country.

Any sources, @NeoFlame?

Wouldn't want to get our hopes up...
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
TallyW wrote:
NeoFlame wrote:I was told it would be wrapped up today, so hearing press conference got pushed I was a little surprised. This news makes a lot more sense to me. You guys should be really proud, LU just beat out several of the top programs in the country.

Any sources, @NeoFlame?

I mean, it'd be great if JLFJR jumped on to confirm, but what are the chances that would happen? :shock:
TallyW wrote:
TallyW wrote:

Any sources, @NeoFlame?

I mean, it'd be great if JLFJR jumped on to confirm, but what are the chances that would happen? :shock:
Ha! Glad to see I’m not the only one connecting dots.
By NeoFlame
:wink: at this point you can get your hopes up. Now just start worrying if the buyout is too low. :D

I'll say this though, Liberty got a great taste of what negotiating with the big boys is like, but they proved they can. That was a roller coaster down the stretch.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]