Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Also know a guy who played in the ACC, coached in the SEC and played for the Atlanta Falcons. He wanted to come to LU at one time and would make a great OL coach.
I am his agent, if anyone wants to get up with him. :) Have your people call my people. 8)
flameshaw wrote:
jinxy wrote:Lets project it out.

Streeter. Hc
Mike brown rb coach
Dearmon wr coach
Wilt dc
Rojas lb coach

Who am i missing?
Kurt Warner QB coach. Plus he has a son that walked on at Nebraska that would come with him. He is a WR though, but he led AZ HS's in receiving his SR year. I know the guy pretty well. He is a great Christian and would be a big name to help recruiting. I know it is probably just a pipe dream, but it would be a good stepping stone for him, if he wants to continue in coaching.
Light em up. :)
I doubt Warner would come just to coach the QBs. I see no reason why he couldn´t be the OC as well. I don´t think there is any question as to his offensive football IQ. He would be a huge upgrade in both roles.
As a Flames Club/Varsity Club member, I second the call to pursue Streeter as our first choice. Offer him something he can't refuse. Please, please, please don't consider Freeze or Briles.
What is it that keeps Streeter from double possibly tippling his salary and taking HC job at FBS level ? I wouldnt think he is going to be a P5 or G5 candidate at another school for 3-4 more years at best.

Why would he not be interested ? Was he burned by LU ?, Doesn't he think he is ready to be HC ? Has better opportunities ahead of him ?

Come on Coach Streeter, jump at the opportunity and take the cash while you can.
Personally I’d stay at Clemson The prospect of becoming OC at the #2 school in the country is a pretty good deal and launch pad to a P5 gig
You don’t leave your alma mater and the second best program in the country unless you absolutely want the position.

I also don’t know if his family wants the Liberty lifestyle. They may prefer the Southern football culture you get at other places.

Lastly, having been here before, he may value being a P5 coordinator over Liberty head coach.
Purple Haize wrote:Personally I’d stay at Clemson The prospect of becoming OC at the #2 school in the country is a pretty good deal and launch pad to a P5 gig
Clemson football has to be an amazing place for Streeter to be, and a tough place to leave. Alma Mater. Win, win, win. An almost sure track to an eventual P5 HC job, and worklng for a fellow Christian who is maybe the second coolest man on the planet.
Last edited by olldflame on December 6th, 2018, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You think Liberty is paying $1.5 million for Streeter? I’m not so sure about that.

Even then, money isn’t everything to some people. If you have meaning and purpose while enjoying where you live and making good money, it’s not worth it to sacrifice those other things just to make more.
He's OC in waiting. I'm pretty positive he's been told that. He ain't coming here. I wouldn't either. Heck if he plays it right and Dabo leaves when saban retires he might be the next HC at his alma mater
Jonathan Carone wrote:You think Liberty is paying $1.5 million for Streeter? I’m not so sure about that.

Even then, money isn’t everything to some people. If you have meaning and purpose while enjoying where you live and making good money, it’s not worth it to sacrifice those other things just to make more.

450K +450K = 900k (reported total compensation for next two years at Clemson)

1 million + 1 million = 2 million ( What Turner Gill was earning as FCS coach at LU)

Thats a difference of 1.1 Million Dollars to stay at Clemson and coach a good QB with the hopes you are OC in waiting. As the years go by and hes stuck as QB coach, that number gets higher and higher. With the uncertainty in college football, I would take the money as soon as possible. It takes one group of 19 year old kids accepting couple thousand worth of benefits from a booster and the entire Clemson staff could be let go tomorrow. (well this summer after the National Title)
R i wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:You think Liberty is paying $1.5 million for Streeter? I’m not so sure about that.

450K +450K = 900k (reported total compensation for next two years at Clemson)

1 million + 1 million = 2 million ( What Turner Gill was earning as FCS coach at LU)

Thats a difference of 1.1 Million Dollars to stay at Clemson and coach a good QB with the hopes you are OC in waiting. As the years go by and hes stuck as QB coach, that number gets higher and higher. With the uncertainty in college football, I would take the money as soon as possible. It takes one group of 19 year old kids accepting couple thousand worth of benefits from a booster and the entire Clemson staff could be let go tomorrow. (well this summer after the National Title)
You make a lot of lousy assumptions. The first being he’s going to stay at that salary. Second that he doesn’t know what his future is there at Clemson. Third, if he’s still a QB coach and getting passed over for OC slots in a couple of years that might say something about his coaching skills Fourth, being at Clemson and playing for a National Title in an environment you love has a value in itself
R i wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:If he’s the OC he won’t be giving up any.
Thats making the assumption he will be OC within the next two years.
And that is a fairly safe assumption to make, even from here, and you can bet Streeter knows a lot more about how likely it is than we do.
Streeter will be the OC at Clemson within a year. Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott will be head coaches either this year or next. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Saban retires and dabo becomes the next Bama coach in that time period as well.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]