Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By CCWMichael
TH Spangler wrote:
22 wrote:So I just read Wimbo’s quotes (excuses) on how the back side of the D meaning the backs and safety’s have struggled because of “depth”. He went on to say how 11 guys have played the majority of snaps including special teams and how they’ve got to play the best guys and that only recruiting will fix it. What a joke. What a joke of an excuse, what a joke of a coach, and I’m really trying hard not to make any comments about a man. You’ve got 85 guys on the roster, let’s say only half are recruited for D and I’ll even throw in 5 more for kicker punter etc. so you’ve got 40 guys for depth reasons and you’re telling us that the dbacks and safety’s have to play “every snap including special teams cause we’ll theyre the best so I know we suck but only recruiting will fix that”. Maybe I’m a little more fired up than I should be but I just can’t believe he made that excuse. If 30-40 guys on the bench can’t be used for some special teams play than maybe that’s a recruiting failure on the coaches.
We are a transition team playing against teams that have been recruiting FBS level athletes for over 50 years :lol: They have third generation athletes playing for them. Be patient :idea: :lol:
Now, that explains Florida State, Miami, and Florida just to name a few.
Coaches are culpable.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Very nice opening drive by the offense. I think TG made the right decision to take the ball first. Now it is time to see if our "D" has "fixed that." Maybe Wimbo has been holding back all year for this game? 8)
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Our D was absolutely awful. Just horrid!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Can Stubbs even catch a football? And why on earth are trying a FG from 51 in this weather. I’d point out that’s a dumb playcalling decision but...
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
We have to be the worst tackling team in america!
Last edited by ALAFlamesFan on November 10th, 2018, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Stupid decision to kick into wind. Probert coukd barely make 50 in neutral conditions. Meanwhile #firewimbos group still in full on scrub mode. Not even challenging the “juggernaut” uva offense.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Looks like our D is running in concrete shoes and can't tackle on top of it. This drive was only 7 plays and 66 yards. Just a tad under 10 yards a play. But hey, that is better than we did on their first drive. :roll:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Pickett is really running great today. Obviously trying to keep our "d" off the field.

I think UVA has figured out that we run the out and up most all the time with one of our WR's. They haven't bit the first time.
Last edited by flameshaw on November 10th, 2018, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Pickett bringing his A game today!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]