Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CCWMichael
This past week has been a whirlwind for me.
In short, I am about to undergo some major surgery with a few days in the hospital and recovery at home for a few weeks.
Biopsies (taken today) will determine what occurs after that.
Strangely enough, I am at peace with all of it .... so far.
I give all the glory to my Savior for that.
My wife is the typical worried supportive wife --- but mine.
However, my daughter is not doing so well with her daddy not doing well. And, all she knows ids I am having a big surgery.
She has said many things to me the past week that have made me melt and some of them was her worry we would not be able to go camping, fishing, to Hershey Park, Liberty football games, and so many other small things we do together.
I have lived by Scripture and Strong Fathers - Strong Daughters, by Meg Meker.
It is now a double edged sword during this time for both her and I.
I understand prayers will come my way and my wifes way and please send them.
But, I would think any parent would understand I really want the bulk of the prayer power going towards my daughter --- Amber.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dude. Prayers and everything
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
How old is Amber?
By CCWMichael
Purple Haize wrote:Dude. Prayers and everything
Thank you kindly. I always feel like a Nigerian internet banker when I say that.

Just found out today the surgery is on May the 4th and I should be back to work the first week of July.
By CCWMichael
Sly Fox wrote:Wow, praying right now as I read this up in Seattle. God is in control.
Yes, He is in control. I thank you kindly for the prayers . It is comforting to know as they will help.
By Class of 20Something
CCWMichael wrote:
Thank you kindly. I always feel like a Nigerian internet banker when I say that.

Just found out today the surgery is on May the 4th and I should be back to work the first week of July.
Dude! Star Wars Day?!?! May The Fourth be with you, always.

Seriously, you've got an army of prayer warriors around you.
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:

Dude! Star Wars Day?!?! May The Fourth be with you, always.

Seriously, you've got an army of prayer warriors around you.
Classic! Thank you for the chuckle. And, thank for for being part of the Army.
By CCWMichael
Whew ...
Surgery was May 4 and I was released from the hospital the 18th.
Short story
Another surgery in about six weeks
Stage three cancer to be treated with chemo.
Keep the prayers comin .....
By CCWMichael
Sly and Flame I thank you.
After my two week stay I can testimony a multitude of ways I saw him work and work through others.
I could eaily spen a few hours recounting my experiences.
I just wonder how many of some of the people I saw him working through realized they were a vessel at that time.
Every moment counts as we never know the one that will be of value to another.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
God uses these experiences in mighty ways to not only the one going through the trauma but also all of those with whom you encounter. Godspeed!
By CCWMichael
LUDad wrote:How are you doing? Any updates?
Thank you for asking.
Radiation and Chemotherapy pills have been completed for over two weeks.
Awaiting the start of ported chemotherapy which begins October 9. Of course right before the next home game so I hope I respond well. They delay was put in place so I can recover from radiation/chemo to better be able to mange ported chemo.
Of course many side effects, but I am working through them.
Feeling much better after the gap in treatment which makes me less desire ported chemo cause' I know some things I do not desire may occur and I don't like to fell unwell --- but, it is what it is.
I am attempting to work while being treated and have only needed about a day every work week I needed to stay home so all thing considered that is going well and I hope it continues while doing the ported chemo.
The ported chemo will last into January some time.

The key --- staying focused on the Lord, maintain positive thoughts and outlook, and "never give in, never, never, never, never" Winston Churchill
By LUDad
CCWMichael wrote:
Thank you for asking.
Awaiting the start of ported chemotherapy which begins October 9. Of course right before the next home game so I hope I respond well. They delay was put in place so I can recover from radiation/chemo to better be able to mange ported chemo.
Feeling much better after the gap in treatment which makes me less desire ported chemo cause' I know some things I do not desire may occur and I don't like to fell unwell --- but, it is what it is.
I am attempting to work while being treated and have only needed about a day every work week I needed to stay home so all thing considered that is going well and I hope it continues while doing the ported chemo.

The key --- staying focused on the Lord, maintain positive thoughts and outlook, and "never give in, never, never, never, never" Winston Churchill
Proud of you man! Coworker recently underwent BC chemo, a neighbor was recently treated at MD Anderson for stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and I was diagnosed with PC almost a year ago (watchful waiting). So I have been doing a lot of research. I'm in section 214. Would like to say hi next home game if possible.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That is great to hear that your body is holding through the treatments! Still praying for you. If any of you guys wind up coming to MD Anderson for treatments, let me know and we can meet up.
By CCWMichael
LUDad wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:
Thank you for asking.

Proud of you man! Coworker recently underwent BC chemo, a neighbor was recently treated at MD Anderson for stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and I was diagnosed with PC almost a year ago (watchful waiting). So I have been doing a lot of research. I'm in section 214. Would like to say hi next home game if possible.
Thank you. I would like to meet as well. We also tailgate in the Yellow lot. Depending on your arrival time we can introduce about anywhere. We sit in 105 as a reference point, but at some point I will forwards my cell to via private message.
PC is unique. I saw my grandmother travel that road so I have at least my personal perspective.
My father had surgery for neo blastoma the same day I had my first surgery.
He is now under palliative care.
BC runs in my family as well, and other cancers.
Not sure if it unfortunate or a blessing but I certainly have had exposure to cancer.

Sly ... I hope I do not end up travelling to Texas for care ....
The cancer center I am going through is associated with Johns Hopkins so I am confident what can be done is being done.
I can't state enough from all I hear my prognosis is good.
By CCWMichael
Update.

Went in for my first ported chemotherapy today. All was going well. I stood up to take a picture of the view I had from my room and I occluded. They fixed it and I carried on. I went to the rest room and occluded again. They provided corrective action. It finall came to the pump and when I would stand there was no flow through the pump.
I was sent for a dye test and it turns out I have a kink and a hole in my port tubing. So, the kink is tightene when I stand and shuts everything down and apparently having chemotherapy seep into the muscle is not good.

10.10.18 at 11:30 I am having surgery to replace my port and the plan is two week from today to resume chemotherapy.
The good news is with no complictions we can still make the game this weekend.
The great news is I know I am in great hands that has a great plan for me and I place my worries and fears in that; so I am doing well.
By CCWMichael
Surgery went well. Just moved the port. Apparently I am a liitle more active than some cancer patients so my muscle movements created the kink. The move and a few stitches along the line will keep it from kinking.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote:Surgery went well. Just moved the port. Apparently I am a liitle more active than some cancer patients so my muscle movements created the kink. The move and a few stitches along the line will keep it from kinking.
Prayers my friend....................... stay strong.
By LUDad
Glad everything got straightened out. Hope you make the game. The team could use your families cheers this week.
By CCWMichael
First things first LUDAD I had sent you a private message in an attempt to meet .... but I see it was not opened yet.... Weather will dictate the next two games for us.

So, this is real. I had another port placed tody. The second placed port did not work. Both of the first two ports were subclavian. This time interventional radiation placed the port and went over the collarbone and went jugular with this one .
One break would be nice. I will find out Friday if this port works as I am scheduled to have a blood draw before my chemo on Monday.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]