The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
We will open season in February in Mexico, playing 5 games. Our opponents are:

BYU, Notre Dame, Duke, Baylor and Washington. This is excellent opportunity to build a good RPI to start season.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Are you going, ballcoach? :oldhag
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We will open season in February in Mexico, playing 5 games. Our opponents are:

BYU, Notre Dame, Duke, Baylor and Washington. This is excellent opportunity to build a good RPI to start season.
Don´t get me wrong, I like that we are doing it, but the reality is it could also be an excellent opportunity for multiple butt-kickings. I think 3-2 would be a great result against that field.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
For anyone who might be thinking about it; round trip airfare (from RDU) and a week´s stay in a 3 star hotel can be had for under $700. Closer to $600 if you are not particular about the lodging.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I'd like to think we can go 5-0 or 4-1 there, but 3-2 would be good start to season. Both non-conference and ASUN schedule this season will be tougher than 2018 schedule. But we should have better team on the field this season than last.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I'd like to think we can go 5-0 or 4-1 there, but 3-2 would be good start to season. Both non-conference and ASUN schedule this season will be tougher than 2018 schedule. But we should have better team on the field this season than last.
A win over either Baylor or Washington would be a huge upset. The others are winnable, especially Duke. BYU and ND were good, but not great, last year.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:No, I will skip that one, and probably try to make trip to Texas A&M.
If I don't have other commitments, you will likely see me there. A&M is less than hour from my house.

As for PV, gorgeous city that is exceptionally cheap place to fly and stay. But keep your eyes open.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If I go, I will drive down. I am scared to fly, plus not like "airport hassle" or changing planes.
Yeah, changing planes is such a hassle, whereas THIS (X2) is a day in the park (actually about 8 days).

https://www.google.com.do/maps/dir/Lync ... !3e0?hl=en

Add in the fact that your gasoline alone would cost more than plane fare, and that move would be pure genius. :roll:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Then you are driving through the heart of narco-violence on top of all of the other concerns by driving yourself. There is a reason those of us who know Mexico fly and ride motor coaches.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Considerably less narco-violence on that route and more Whataburgers. Being a BK guy I have a feeling you will find Whataburger to be an existential experience. The In N Out Burgers are a couple of hours west of College Station.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
DQ is referred to as the Texas Stop Sign. But Whataburgers are what I suspect will get you smiling. I prefer Okie-based Braums and Cali-based In N Out Burger for chains in Texas. But Whataburger has a fanatical following down here.

Collie Station doesn't exactly have great BBQ like they have over toward Austin, but they do have chicken wing joint they consider to be mecca. If you make it down here, I'll try to meet up with you for the game.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cookout is better if you’re talking quality for the price point.

Del Taco was solid. Those were the two western chains we tried.
By Jonathan Carone
JK37 wrote:In N Out was WAAAAAAAAAAY overrated when I experienced for the first time in Uaugust in Las Vegas.
I’ve only had it once and I totally agree. There was nothing special about it.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]