This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:With an attitude like that if course you will. I may have to check it out when I'm in town
Did you read the article about how the ranking was achieved? There’s a lot of gaming the system when it comes to this stuff. There are a few good pizza places and this may be another but best in the state is a big claim. It’s a little suspicious that no one I know has been recommended to go to this place by their friends. As far as I know, it’s an unknown.
Yacht Rock wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:With an attitude like that if course you will. I may have to check it out when I'm in town
Did you read the article about how the ranking was achieved? There’s a lot of gaming the system when it comes to this stuff. There are a few good pizza places and this may be another but best in the state is a big claim. It’s a little suspicious that no one I know has been recommended to go to this place by their friends. As far as I know, it’s an unknown.
It's all Yelp based, which is pay to play the the BBB.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:
It's all Yelp based, which is pay to play the the BBB.
Oh I know that, which is why I said that I would probably be disappointed. I read the story. It’s all Yelp based which isn’t necessarily a strong indicator of quality. It’s probably not bad. In my opinion, pizza is a food where even when it’s bad, it’s edible.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'll give you that YR. I really haven't had a bad pizza except when my school used Andy Boys here in the 757 back in the day. It was like cardboard with cheese on top
I went to Brother’s for dinner tonight. I was very busy and it took awhile to get our pie. Honestly it was pretty good but I don’t know if I can say it’s the best pizza. I would recommend trying it and go with some people!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Somebody on here mentioned Mr. Shipps, so Mrs. Cider I tried them tonight. Their pineapple/ham pizza was a B- at best, but their baked sub sandwich was maybe the best one I've had in Lynchburg.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Somebody on here mentioned Mr. Shipps, so Mrs. Cider I tried them tonight. Their pineapple/ham pizza was a B- at best, but their baked sub sandwich was maybe the best one I've had in Lynchburg.
Yeah, the pizza is average at Mr. Shipps but the cheesy bread and the baked subs are great. The Turkey Bacon Ranch sandwich is what I order from them instead of pizza every time. It's amazing!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yesterday I got the Clyde Russell sub, which has 4 meats--turkey, ham, salami, and roast beef. My only regret was that it was an 8-inch sub instead of a footlong.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]