This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
NCAA now allows Division 1 teams to play 2 fall games without having them count against spring schedule. I hope we schedule 2 games at home.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Rumor Control says we play at UVA on September 21 at 6:00 p.m. and Longwood visits LU on September 29 at 12:00.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sources, ballcoach? :fineprint
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple and I know what that means! :exactly
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Concessions opened or closed?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Concessions closed. Only 4 fans were there. You know 2 of them, maybe all 4.
By AFF
4-2 bottom ninth..we have 10 hits they have 4...pitching for us looks good so far
By AFF
Ok so after official 9 innings it’s a 4-4 game...we went into 9th with a 4-1 lead on a solid pitching and hitting performance...somehow it fell apart...10 hits LU 5 hits UVA
By AFF
12 innings
LU 6 UVA 4

Solid performance for a fall exhibition game. I feel we beat them solidly on both sides of the ball. Impressive performance by the pitchers we ran out today. I think Wagner led the offensive charge with 3 or 4 hits.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reminds me of LU-Longwood softball game Thursday. Fell apart in final inning.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Reminds me of LU-Longwood softball game Thursday. Fell apart in final inning.
Uh, no. Falling apart is when you lose. In case you missed it, UVA has a REALLY GOOD baseball program. Suggesting that somehow we screwed up because they made a comeback is not unexpected from you, but it is dead wrong. We won, and we beat a very good team.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And this is UVa from the ACC :shock: , not Longwood from the Big South. :oops:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Gosh, I missed post that said we won 6-4.

Anytime we beat ACC team, it is good.
By AFF
“Fell apart” Was probably poor choice of words! It was a long game and I didn’t feel like getting too detailed. Actually the score ended up being 10 to 6 over 12 or 13inning. First, it was an impressive performance for us on both sides of the baseball this early in the fall. I probably used those words because we were in total control that game for the first eight innings. I think we had a no-hitter until the sixth or seventh. We went into the ninth inning with a 4–1 lead. Erickson walked the first batter and then gave up a cheap infield hit. This set up the heart of the Virginia order to scratch 3 runs on timely hitting. After nine the score was 4-4. We didn’t panic and showed poise putting together a 2 run 11th with team abs. Then Galzin opened it up with a 3run HR followed one batter later by a Locklear Solo HR. Wagner had at least 4 hits maybe 5. Encouraged by what I saw.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Who all pitched, staff day?

Also any notable roster additions or subtractions?
By LUDad
Sounds like Wagner is really coming along. Question, Has he ever pitched? With his dad being a mlb pitcher for 16 years, it makes me think how DeGroat turned from being a catcher to a stud pitcher overnight.
By AFF
Lineup

CF- Jalen Guy (athletic freshman, ironically lead off and went to same high school DJ Artis) only new Pos player
C - Embry
DH- Mathieu
3B- Galzin
2B- Wagner
SS- Locklear
LF - Roher
RF- Karraker
1B- McDyre

Each Pitcher threw 2 in order except last guy

McInvale (Sat out last year TJ) looked good sat 90-92

Price -high 80s, offspeed was working

Skirrow- threw strikes and sat low 90s

Brabrand- command and velo looked better than last yr low 90s

Erickson- highly recruited freshman that made it to campus. Low 90s ..I saw 94 a few pitches. Struggled to throw strikes initially. Gave up a few hits. Prob a few nerves I’m sure..first time on the big stage..but I think he will be a good one.

Freshman LHP..86-88...nice to have a lefty..(I think we have 3 LHP)

Righty Freshman?? Mid 80s got hit around a little bit
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Thanks. Man if degroat and todd were here i would be predicting big things this year. Still too many variables to be confident yet.
By Jonathan Carone
jinxy wrote:Thanks. Man if degroat and todd were here i would be predicting big things this year. Still too many variables to be confident yet.
That’s why I was so bummed Jack left. We were set up to have a really good year. I’m hoping we still can bounce back to where we expect to be.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Agreed. We will need better years from mcdrye and matthieu and more consistency from embry besides needing another guy or 2 to step up. Galazin and locklear are 2 steady guys that we kinda know what we will get from them. The lineup is missing the big middle of order bat and the rotation is missing the ace. I have more confidence one of the pitchers can step up and be the ace than i do the big bopper in the middle of the lineup.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]