This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I would like to see all of them go out at one time, and stay off for about 4 hours, just to see the impact on traffic.
Then they become 4 way stops, but none of the idiots around here know that.
I’m with ballcoach on this one. So long as I am NOT in it but can just watch. I’m sadistic like that
The arena passed planning without a problem. Really nice looking facility- had a great retractable seatback design that allowed the floor to really open up. I hope we have games one day that draw 7,8,9000, but this will be a great venue for our typical attendance.
Very excited that the school is planning to renovate and expand the field hockey and lacrosse fields. This is a win for the programs which will make them grow towards elite status and gain top recruits on campus (especially from the east coast). Some will question why this is important, but the Big East, MCLA and hopefully women’s lacrosse in the ASUN will expand their brands even more on a national level.
Any updates on the timeline for the Business school project? Originally it was Fall 18 but it isn't even dried in yet. I am thinking it would be lucky to open in time for Spring 19 classes.
ALAFlamesFan wrote:Any updates on the timeline for the Business school project? Originally it was Fall 18 but it isn't even dried in yet. I am thinking it would be lucky to open in time for Spring 19 classes.

Just drove by. I don't have an inside track on the completion date, but most of the standard sized windows are in and the dome is being installed.

They have started demoing parking lots for university Blvd to branch to the other side of business and the bookstore.

It doesn't look like too much was added to the hill dorms, the first one has a new peaked roofline being installed.
By Old Red
I’ll be surprised, & disappointed, if the only “face lift” they give those dorms is a metal roof.
It wouldn’t be that hard to add some touches to make them look more like the Commons, or academic buildings that surround them.
I attempted to ride around campus today to check out construction projects. Most every road and/or street is blocked off due to construction.

I guess I need to coordinate with Tour Guide next week and get a tour.
Ballcoach, you need to enter by the tunnnel on Wards Road and either drive straight or park in the garage and walk (or ride your bike).
I was on campus last night & noticed they’ve got metal roofs started on about half of the hill dorms. It looks like they’ve abandoned the idea of adding additional floors to any of the buildings.
Hopefully they still end up adding atriums between halls in the future. I think that would be a big hit with the students living there.

Do you think they’ll end up adding floors to the old dorms across from the commons, or maybe there’s another new dorm in pipeline we just haven’t heard about yet?
According to the tour I was just on around LU they said the older 2 story units cant carry another story but the 3 story ones could. Also said that the reason for new roofs was that the old ones looked ugly from the top of the Tower (true).
Work has picked up on Liberty Mountain Drive roadway behind the natatorium. They were burning large piles of brush from the new roadway that will connect at the new Odd Fellows Road extension over 460. Also had drainage pipe ready to be installed in the same areas.
By LUAlum1215
University Blvd should be open by the end of the week if not before. They have started pulling construction fencing down and are finishing the installation of road signs. The new road along 460 has been striped and may be open soon as well.
Who would have thought East would end up being the "worst" facilities?

I'm glad they're tidying the hill. I stayed on the circle and told my brother to get on the hill as a freshman. I definitely got a "thank you" for that advice.

The communal areas sounds like the "day rooms" we had in military dorms. I can understand wanting to push some of our investments into that.

I did hear that the hill project is an unintended consequence of the tower looking directly down on the old roofs.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]