Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Excellent run today.
As a side note...why don't they just run down to "the boot" like the IndyCars used to and the prototypes do currently? I think it'd be pretty cool to see the tin tops going full speed toward the ankle of the boot after the run through the inner loop
BJWilliams wrote:Excellent run today.
As a side note...why don't they just run down to "the boot" like the IndyCars used to and the prototypes do currently? I think it'd be pretty cool to see the tin tops going full speed toward the ankle of the boot after the run through the inner loop
For whatever reason NASCAR doesn’t want to. Several teams, drivers, media, and even the track itself have expressed interest in doing it but NASCAR has yet to approve it. If I remember correctly they said the final left turn getting back on to the main track is super tight and would be hard for the cars to make. I say let ‘em have at it and clean up the mess when it happens.
That is a load of bunk. If you're supposed to be among the best drivers in the world, and you can handle driving Daytina in road course configuration, you can handle the left turn coming off the boot. NASCAR brass missed the boat on that logic
Byron lead 5 laps at Talladega yesterday, but faded to 20th. He was in good shape as result of pit strategy, but a late caution flag messed it up.
Most boring race I have ever attended, other than the 5 laps Byron led.
By Ewglenn
Old Red wrote:William just put the 24 car on the pole for this year’s Daytona 500.
Wonder which day this week they’ll have him on campus? My guess is Wednesday.
Someone was saying on CSNBBS he would be there tomorrow.
Ewglenn wrote:
Old Red wrote:William just put the 24 car on the pole for this year’s Daytona 500.
Wonder which day this week they’ll have him on campus? My guess is Wednesday.
Someone was saying on CSNBBS he would be there tomorrow.
Mike Joy made the off handed comment that he would be back in class tomorrow at LU. He’s an online only student not residential. He did one semester on campus the year he ran trucks for Kyle Busch before moving back to North Carolina and going online.
Byron led the first 15 laps of his qualifying race before dropping to the back to avoid any disaster. He did draft in the pack really well for a bit, but a near crash by another driver was enough for him to bail out of the pack. He finished 16th but retains his pole position for Sunday as long as he doesn’t have any issues today or tomorrow.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Trying not to get too charged up, because Daytona is such a crapshoot, but Byron looking really strong halfway through. Hopefully he stays up front and avoids the big one at the end.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]