This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hear that a new tenant will be occupying the K Mart building. It's a national chain store. But I was told not to say who it is.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I hear that a new tenant will be occupying the K Mart building. It's a national chain store. But I was told not to say who it is.
#sources = #fakenews

Lions Den?
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Rural King?
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
We heard fake news straight from the horse's mouth about the Macy's building, yet there It sits empty. CBRE is handling LU's leases. Chris Doyle is the name seen on many of the signs and he is a principle in the La Quinta. If he struggles so much to get the Dennys in his own building, I wonder how well he'll do at leasing that KMart building, not to mention the mall.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
I'm guessing that Liberty doesn't offer the kinds of incentives that a typical developer of a commercial property would offer to bring in quality tenants. I have no insight into this other than seeing the large number of underdeveloped and underutilized properties they have from the outside.

As for the mall, it needs so much to become relevant again. I think the property could be successful as a mixed-use destination with housing, nightlife options, entertainment, shopping (grocery, etc). It would be great off-campus housing for a lot of students. That would require such a long term investment to develop though.

Before Kmart closed, a parcel in the Kmart shopping center was being advertised as being in the same location as a future Hobby Lobby. However Hobby Lobby denied that they were building in Lynchburg. I don't have the flyer anymore, otherwise I would post a scan of it.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I think that something similar to the Coliseum Crossing near my house in Hampton would be an ideal use for an area like the mall. If that could be done while keeping the existing university presence, I'd be on board
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Initially, there was supposed to be a Hobby Lobby right where the current TRBC sits, but there has never been one in Lynchburg.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I received a phone call on August 5th and was informed Hobby Lobby was coming to K Mart building. Today it was confirmed.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I received a phone call on August 5th and was informed Hobby Lobby was coming to K Mart building. Today it was confirmed.
Sure you did. Now go take your medicine. It’s Salisbury Steak night. So hustle down for dinner
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I received a phone call on August 5th and was informed Hobby Lobby was coming to K Mart building. Today it was confirmed.
Sure you did. Now go take your medicine. It’s Salisbury Steak night. So hustle down for dinner
classic Haize! :lol:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Yes, old news. Ballcoach and his sources broke that story weeks ago!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]