This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Two LCA players have committed to Liberty. A pitcher and outfielder.

I have picked up on a rumor that LU baseball might be going on a Mission Trip after Christmas to a country with warm climate, for training and spreading the Gospel.

Also of interest, in that the ASUN will involve numerous trips to Florida, Alabama and Georgia, might LU be thinking of purchasing a "team jet" ?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Damien's Blog Notes
A pair of rising seniors at Liberty Christian Academy verbally committed to the LU baseball program late last week.

Outfielder Emmanuel Johnson and pitcher Christian Gordon announced on social media they were committing to Liberty.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Manson got the 2018 signees and posted today. The ones he had looked good overall.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Two LCA players have committed to Liberty. A pitcher and outfielder.

I have picked up on a rumor that LU baseball might be going on a Mission Trip after Christmas to a country with warm climate, for training and spreading the Gospel.

Also of interest, in that the ASUN will involve numerous trips to Florida, Alabama and Georgia, might LU be thinking of purchasing a "team jet" ?
“Sources”. You mean they wouldn’t be going to a cold snowy country like Iceland after Christmas for a baseball trip. :roll:

The only way baseball will have a “Team Jet” is if Football has a Team Jet. Softball has a Team Jet. Men’s Basketball has a Team Jet and Women’s Basketball has a Team Jet. Might have to get one for Volleyball along with Men’s and Women’s Soccer as well. Now what you MIGHT have heard is the purchase of a DEPARTMENT jet that could be available for all teams to use. That might actually make fiscal sense and wouldn’t surprise me in the least.
The current occupant of the WH has a pretty nice 757 he’s not using the next couple of years. I wonder if he let JR borrow it until the school saves up enough money for their own. 747 can be had at a pretty good price these days as well. How sweet would that be? But buying a basic jet that could transport teams and support staff to and from the far flung destinations isn’t that big of an outlay compared to what it will cost over time to go commercial or via bus or by private charter
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
What I heard is it would be just one plane, for all teams to share. But not a jet big enough for football.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:until the school saves up enough money for their own.
I don't think we'd need to save up.
I was being facetious
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That 757 that POTUS uses cant land in the burg. Which is why he brought in the smaller version for graduation last year.

Just fyi
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:That 757 that POTUS uses cant land in the burg. Which is why he brought in the smaller version for graduation last year.

Just fyi
So we buy the airport and extend the runway. Simple.
By Class of 20Something
flamehunter wrote:
thepostman wrote:That 757 that POTUS uses cant land in the burg. Which is why he brought in the smaller version for graduation last year.

Just fyi
AF1 is a 747. But we already own the airport in London Downs.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
flamehunter wrote:

Just fyi
Oh yeah. True.

Well if we are getting technical then technically AF1 is the plane in which the president is flying as he as a fleet at his disposal. The 747 is preferred but sometimes can not be used due to runway size, etc.

:D
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:
Oh yeah. True.

Well if we are getting technical then technically AF1 is the plane in which the president is flying as he as a fleet at his disposal. The 747 is preferred but sometimes can not be used due to runway size, etc.

:D
[youtube]WhWEJ57IDGk[/youtube]
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

Just fyi
I was speaking of Trump Force 1. I believe the 747he flies in now is a bit of a downgrade from what he is used to :D
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is big security wise it's a huge upgrade. The plane is old but it holds a special place in my heart.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:It is big security wise it's a huge upgrade. The plane is old but it holds a special place in my heart.
Oh yeah. The 747 has a lot of cool bells and whistles. Also, lots of anti Missile defense TF1 doesn’t. I also love the iconic look of 747’s. But I would imagine when it comes to luxury items, TF1 gets the nod
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah private aircraft are much easier to get all the bells and whistles of luxury than presidential aircraft that have certain requirements.

I also love the iconic look and really hope the new planes keep the same look.
By Class of 20Something
thepostman wrote:Yeah private aircraft are much easier to get all the bells and whistles of luxury than presidential aircraft that have certain requirements.

I also love the iconic look and really hope the new planes keep the same look.
He did say Red White and Blue. I really hope some designer nails the paint job. American Airlines new livery and "flag" on the tail is pretty awesome.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:I also love the iconic look of 747’s. But I would imagine when it comes to luxury items, TF1 gets the nod.
So this is NOT a reference to Ballcoach's "source" that has a family-owned airport? :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:More than 1 source out there.
1 or 100 they are all highly dubious
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, am I your "half source", or are you getting this information from a child? :dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:4 1/2 sources, all are good.
Is that like 2 and a half men with less coke?
That’s funny right there
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]