Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

Yeah...it wouldn't be the best look to have as many of not more visiting fans in your stadium than your home fans
I'm trying to figure out if there's going to be a scoreboard below or a "base" so the screen is raised for the FOC expansion. Since the FOC will come out a few feet, having it too low would cut the bottom off to some lower seats.

They're still pulling about 18 inches of each stair case out and no one I've asked has a clue why.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I'm trying to figure out if there's going to be a scoreboard below or a "base" so the screen is raised for the FOC expansion. Since the FOC will come out a few feet, having it too low would cut the bottom off to some lower seats.

They're still pulling about 18 inches of each stair case out and no one I've asked has a clue why.
It seems they are laying cables, piping or wires or something of that nature?!
Just looking over the artist rendering and comparing it to what is actually shaping.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGzRlOBUwAAW7DW.jpg:large

I think the only real change to the landscaping is going to be the staircase leading straight to the new ticket office.

One small detail I just noticed was looking at where the staircase from the Indoor coming up to the stadium will be, in the rendering, it looks like a platform for a news crew outside the stadium. It looks like it could lend itself to something like Gameday for the future.

Just a cool little feature that I am glad they thought of that early in the process.
Class of 20Something wrote:Just looking over the artist rendering and comparing it to what is actually shaping.

I think the only real change to the landscaping is going to be the staircase leading straight to the new ticket office.

One small detail I just noticed was looking at where the staircase from the Indoor coming up to the stadium will be, in the rendering, it looks like a platform for a news crew outside the stadium. It looks like it could lend itself to something like Gameday for the future.

Just a cool little feature that I am glad they thought of that early in the process.
Are they still installing the shelter or overhang on top on the brick arches near main gate? How about the flames on top of main gate?
TH Spangler wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:Just looking over the artist rendering and comparing it to what is actually shaping.

Are they still installing the shelter or overhang on top on the brick arches near main gate? How about the flames on top of main gate?
The extension of the arches the over hang was mounted on in the pictures made it to construction so I thinks it's still on the table. The flames, I have no clue.
Brown was on the team, but he wasn't starting QB. In the state semi finals, I went to Charlottesville to scout Monticello and Poguoson. In the state championship game at LU, Joe Sanford was QB. I was in coaches box in press box and saw every play.
ballcoach15 wrote:Brown was on the team, but he wasn't starting QB. In the state semi finals, I went to Charlottesville to scout Monticello and Poguoson. In the state championship game at LU, Joe Sanford was QB. I was in coaches box in press box and saw every play.
I was wrong. You were right. I was a wee lad in 7th grade during that season. Sanford went on to UMass.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Brown was on the team, but he wasn't starting QB. In the state semi finals, I went to Charlottesville to scout Monticello and Poguoson. In the state championship game at LU, Joe Sanford was QB. I was in coaches box in press box and saw every play.
I was wrong. You were right. I was a wee lad in 7th grade during that season. Sanford went on to UMass.
Don't try to second guess an old hag :oldhag
FLAMEfromBAMA wrote:Is the exterior of the stadium supposed to be ready for ODU? Seems like there is s TON to do there with only a month to go.
Supposed to be, yes. Given the weather we have been having, it may not be.
I know it looks like it is miles away from being complete, but I don't think it's as far off as it looks. New fencing and the gates and colonnade awning will take one small team a week to do. Brick on the exterior of the East stands will fly up now that all the backings are up. Once the arch of the entrance is bricked, that entire area will have concrete and landscaping in a week.
Jonathan Carone wrote:The entire project won’t be done by ODU. They’re focusing on getting everything on the inside of the stadium ready.

Our department is doing a pregame reception in the indoor facility, and we asked the planners about the construction. Jonathan is spot on - seats, concessions and facilities will be ready by September 1st. The rest will be done by Game 3.
With all due respect, I think Williams Stadium, when finished, will look much better than Troy's. :shock:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]