Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

What I liked about old one, was it was easy to administer. No special equipment, all was needed was stop watch, pen and APFT Scorecard. The new one needs equipment, and is more time consuming. I am glad I not have to take it, or administer it.
ballcoach15 wrote:What I liked about old one, was it was easy to administer. No special equipment, all was needed was stop watch, pen and APFT Scorecard. The new one needs equipment, and is more time consuming. I am glad I not have to take it, or administer it.
It actually takes less than half the time. Max time allowed is 50 minutes.
I agree on the "do little" part on old one. But as far as combat situations, every situation is different. I don't think there's any test that can accurately gauge someone's fitness, as it pertains to combat.
I remember being in Panama back in early 1990. We had this young trooper, who was one of most fit troops in the unit. He was first one to suffer heat exhaustion. The borderline overweight/out of shape guys kept soldiering on. In combat, the mental part is just as important as physical part.
thepostman wrote:The new one will actually test if you are physically fit for a combat situation. Long overdue. Sits ups, push ups and run do little to test true physical fitness.
And I believe it’s ‘Gender Neutral’
Purple Haize wrote:
thepostman wrote:The new one will actually test if you are physically fit for a combat situation. Long overdue. Sits ups, push ups and run do little to test true physical fitness.
And I believe it’s ‘Gender Neutral’
Judging warfighters by their warfighters ability? Say it ain't so.
Defense Visual Information Distribution Service wrote:NCAA champion Sam Chelanga finds new purpose as Army officer

MESA, AZ, UNITED STATES
Story by Alun Thomas
U.S. Army Recruiting Battalion - Phoenix

MESA, Ariz. – As Capt. Samuel Chelanga crossed the finish line of the Mesa Half Marathon in first place, he stopped, looked around and took the sight in.

At 37 years of age Chelanga added another accomplishment to his already storied career as a long-distance athlete, one that saw him win multiple National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) titles and set numerous records along the way.

Chelanga eventually joined the U.S. Army in 2017 and commissioned as a logistics officer, before joining the Army’s World Class Athlete Program (WCAP) in a bid to make the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris.

In preparation for this, Chelanga ran the Mesa Half Marathon, Feb. 4, winning in a time of 1:03.32, while also assisting the Phoenix Recruiting Battalion in their ‘surge’ efforts to saturate the Phoenix market with numerous Army assets.

Chelanga’s journey began in his native Baringo County, Kenya, a country renowned for its long history of champion marathon runners.
Click Here for Full Story
LU 57, Baybird liked this
By Ill flame
I was curious what Chelanga has been up to since OCS. I think this is a better fit for him. I've never seen this thread before. It's sad that ballcoaches comments aged the best. The ACFT has been a disaster so far.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]