Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I drove by it several years ago.
They spent 62 million dollars expanding and renovating it in 2011. Either your little drive-bye came before that, or you are blind, because the place is beautiful. Easily one of the top handful of FCS facilities. And yes, it seats 25,000
I'd say half of it is beautiful. Half that stadium is a magnificent 40k stadium, then it just looks like the texture packets in the game failed to load and they got left with garbage on the visitors side.
Class of 20Something wrote:I'd say half of it is beautiful. Half that stadium is a magnificent 40k stadium, then it just looks like the texture packets in the game failed to load and they got left with garbage on the visitors side.
I went there for the first time for our first-round playoff game against them in 2014. I remember thinking that they either ran out of money to finish the job or they really wanted to create a major homefield advantage by making the visitors section look like - well, garbage!
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I drove by it several years ago.
They spent 62 million dollars expanding and renovating it in 2011. Either your little drive-bye came before that, or you are blind, because the place is beautiful. Easily one of the top handful of FCS facilities. And yes, it seats 25,000
I not impressed by a steel/aluminum superstructure. Colorful, yes.
I still can’t believe that they spent so much money on it.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Yes its big for fcs but man is it ugly. All aspects including what i guess is the outside of the operations facility. If they truly spent 62 mil thats a travesty.

Bball arena is or was a dump. Saw somewhere they were building a new for 20 maybe? Mbb program has been a total dumpster fire forever.

Baseball built a new stadium and the program went completely in the tank shortly after. I havent seen the stadium in person but it doesnt appear to be anything special in online pics.

Havent seen softballs but they are obvioulsy a solid program.

They arent high school facilities but i would certainly say LU is far superior in all 5 main sports now that football has been upgraded. Cant imagine their softball stadium is nearly as nice as ours. Further. Cant imagine that many of the olmpic sports would be nicer than ours since all of ours are brand new.
Class of 20Something wrote:I found this proud press release from 2009. https://www.liberty.edu/alumni/alumni-news/?MID=7938

The old screen was exactly 20'x36'. With what looks like an additional 15-20' on each side of the screen. The new screen is taking up that entire width to take us to about 70' wide. The new framework is a little more than twice the height of the old screen minus the framework for "LIBERTY FLAMES" on top. I think it will end up being about 45'-50' tall. The square footage would end up between 3150 and 3500 square feet. We wouldn't break the top 25 screens in FBS, but we would be on the bubble.
Official dimensions are 41'x74.5' 3053 sq.ft.
https://www.daktronics.com/news/Pages/D ... tball.aspx
The project includes a new fixed digit scoreboard measuring 8 feet high by 18 feet wide to keep fans updated with the score, time remaining, quarter and other standard football information. Delay of game clocks and backlit identification panels were also manufactured and installed by Daktronics.
This sounds new. Maybe on top of the entrance way?
jinxy wrote:Yes its big for fcs but man is it ugly. All aspects including what i guess is the outside of the operations facility. If they truly spent 62 mil thats a travesty.

Bball arena is or was a dump. Saw somewhere they were building a new for 20 maybe? Mbb program has been a total dumpster fire forever.

Baseball built a new stadium and the program went completely in the tank shortly after. I havent seen the stadium in person but it doesnt appear to be anything special in online pics.

Havent seen softballs but they are obvioulsy a solid program.

They arent high school facilities but i would certainly say LU is far superior in all 5 main sports now that football has been upgraded. Cant imagine their softball stadium is nearly as nice as ours. Further. Cant imagine that many of the olmpic sports would be nicer than ours since all of ours are brand new.
No argument. Our facilities are amazing. The new basketball facility will be the final piece, and the cherry on top of the sundae.
Class of 20Something wrote:I have talked to a couple people that have been walking back expectations of the stadium being fully complete for September 1st. I have no doubts that the seats, concessions, and bathrooms will be complete for the first game. There are 67 days left(Thanks megan) until the season starts.

From the East View it looks like they are starting to grade the ground on the North(right) side of the crane. And it looks like the Tyvek is up for a large portion of the facade. I would imagine they are going to aim for all superficial aspects to be complete.
There is no way this gets completely done before September 1. Hopefully the video board and all gameday experience stuff is done but the radio crew may be standing on a concrete slab and using cellphones for the broadcast. :) Hopefully the plumbing will work too. :)
I took a look in the stadium from next to the FOC today. They have started installing the screen for the video board, and have already installed a smaller, numerical scoreboard inside the new south entrance. Play clock is mounted on the other side.
It’s gonna be close, but I think they’ll make it.
A lot of the big work appears to done. Adding the finishing touches shouldn’t take too long.
I think University Blvd might even be ready for pavement in a couple of weeks.
They haven’t started working crews at night yet, so I don’t think anyone’s panicking about the deadline.
BJ, the band will be positioned above the south endzone in the first few rows of seats below the berm.
I also went by today and they've cut about 18 inches out of every lower level staircase. They've pulled it out of the student side and just started cutting it on the Baptist side. I have no idea what it's for.

They were still working on the video board at 630 on a Sunday night.
LUAlum1215 wrote:Update on the scoreboard. The Liberty Flames across the top looks legit. Also, the middle three sections of the upper deck now have seat backs installed.

Spoke to a couple of gentlemen with the Athletics department in my office today, and they said the upper-deck seats between the 30-yard line markers would have seatbacks like the west side and would be reserved seating. For visitors, perhaps?
rmiller1959 wrote:
LUAlum1215 wrote:Update on the scoreboard. The Liberty Flames across the top looks legit. Also, the middle three sections of the upper deck now have seat backs installed.

Spoke to a couple of gentlemen with the Athletics department in my office today, and they said the upper-deck seats between the 30-yard line markers would have seatbacks like the west side and would be reserved seating. For visitors, perhaps?
Visitors are restricted to the northern most section on the Visitors side on both levels.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]