If you want to talk ASUN smack or ramble ad nauseum about your favorite pro or major college teams, this is the place to let it rip.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i remember when the nationals put him on an inning count and he was didn't pitch him in the playoffs because obviously they'd be getting to the world series on the reg. they basically ruined their best chance at a championship.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I remember when Doc Gooden made a rehab start for the Lynchburg Mets in the mid-1980s. I think I still have the ticket. :oldhag
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I remember when Doc Gooden made a rehab start for the Lynchburg Mets in the mid-1980s. I think I still have the ticket. :oldhag
Doc actually pitched for the L-Mets almost the entire season in 1983 before being called up for the AA and then AAA playoffs and eventually to the big league club. I saw him pitch twice that year, one a no-hitter.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I was there for the Gooden rehab start along with the game in like 1987 that the parent Mets club played against the L-Mets at City Stadium before they became the Red Sox affiliate.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The Hillcats stadium was the most crowded I had ever seen tonight. And Strasburg got knocked out of the game in the 4th or 5th inning.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:The Hillcats stadium was the most crowded I had ever seen tonight. And Strasburg got knocked out of the game in the 4th or 5th inning.
He was on a strict pitch count limit. When he hit that, he was out.
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]