If roundball is your blood, this is the place to discuss the Flames as they move into the Ritchie McKay era for the 2nd time.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have probably been to more Liberty athletic events the past 2 seasons than anyone on this board. 90 softball games, every home football game but 2, numerous baseball games, along with some basketball games. I have more contacts than just 1 person. They range from the top to the bottom. And I do mean the top.

Contacts can be substituted for sources.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have probably been to more Liberty athletic events the past 2 seasons than anyone on this board. 90 softball games, every home football game but 2, numerous baseball games, along with some basketball games. I have more contacts than just 1 person. They range from the top to the bottom. And I do mean the top.

So since your sources are wrong more times than they are right when will you realize they are either not very reliable sources or just enjoy lying to you because you literally believe everything they say?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I have probably been to more Liberty athletic events the past 2 seasons than anyone on this board. 90 softball games, every home football game but 2, numerous baseball games, along with some basketball games. I have more contacts than just 1 person. They range from the top to the bottom. And I do mean the top.

So since your sources are wrong more times than they are right when will you realize they are either not very reliable sources or just enjoy lying to you because you literally believe everything they say?
#guli-ballcoach
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Back to the subject of the thread please.
That’s cute.
No. Never again. Just no.
Bless your heart
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
oldflame wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:We're starting to get the white Christian school kid on lock.
And your point?
WE HAVE A NICHE
That was a serious question, and I actually wanted to hear Jon´s answer.

There is no question we are going hard after D1 calibre players from christian schools who not only can ball, but will fit the school and team culture. I really fail to see why their race is worthy of mention.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:We get Rode instead of Lipscomb! That just made my day Play Basketball
I saw that too, and have to add that even though it is not very relevant any more, it still made me smile to see that Winthrop wanted him too.

On that subject, I do hope we can schedule the occasional non conference game against some of our former BSC rivals like WU, UNCA and of course Radford.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:We're starting to get the white Christian school kid on lock.
And your point?
Agree 100%. I wouldn't care if we were an all white team or an all black team. Who freaking cares? As long as they are good kids, play hard and improve every year, that is all that should matter. In a lot of cases, some of the best teams in each state are Christian/private schools. It is not like it used to be, where most Christian/private schools have horrible sports programs. Being concerned about the racial makeup of a team is a total waste to me. Diversity, for the sake of diversity, has never been a positive and never will. The best qualified person for a specific job is always the best alternative, regardless of race, etc.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Very nice piece to add. Bball now has 2 commits and 1 3 star. Football has 4 commits and 2 3 stars with about 50 more times the offers. Not apples to apples but still kinda sad.
oldflame wrote:
And your point?
I'm glad to see us start to own that territory. It's the most logical recruiting base for us to go after given our school. We could build a really nice program with those guys at the core.

Edit: I responded before I saw the posts questioning why I brought up race.

Many people think of the white Christian school kid as a stiff, or overrated, or unathletic. They're one of the most overlooked groups of athletes inside college athletics. It's a fertile ground that we can till and become very successful by tapping into it. I think it's a good thing. I also think it's a good thing to get an inner city black kid if he fit our culture. My point in mentioning "white" was not to degrade one or the other. It was simply a descriptor.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]