The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

Coach Green calls her a "combo guard," and her high school coach says, "she is one of the best shooters I ever coached."
Chippy wrote:With Nene Johnson gone this will fill a need. That brings the roster to 19. Curious to see how this is handled whether its redshirts or not renewing contracts :)
Speaking of which, didn’t we have a player who were redshirted that played point guard? I believe she transferred from IU?
Chippy wrote:With Nene Johnson gone this will fill a need. That brings the roster to 19. Curious to see how this is handled whether its redshirts or not renewing contracts :)
I was referencing this. I just know some are leaving. I don’t follow closely enough to know for sure exactly what the roster # is at the moment.
One of ballcoach's sources said that a third LU player was transferring to a Big East school. :shock:
Last edited by Cider Jim on June 1st, 2018, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cider Jim wrote:Yes
If this is true, I wonder if it's the point guard who transferred to LU from IU last season. When I saw her in videos, she was never engaged with the team really and always look a little bitter. I can see that she wanted to play but she had to sit out during last season.
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Yes
If this is true, I wonder if it's the point guard who transferred to LU from IU last season. When I saw her in videos, she was never engaged with the team really and always look a little bitter. I can see that she wanted to play but she had to sit out during last season.
She already transferred in so I doubt it’s her. If it’s true it’s probably Green since she’s from Philadelphia and she has the credentials.
Don't panic--it's wasn't Green or the IU transfer that was mentioned. :nono
It was only a rumor, so I'm not throwing out a name or a school.
Cider Jim wrote:It was only a rumor, so I'm not throwing out a name or a school.
Good idea; the reason why I was wondering because we have a good group of players returning and plus adding Ria who had BIG 10 experience and three players who played AAU (something similar in their country) ball will make us even better . The three girls I'm referring to is Apolyn from NYC, Amy from New Zealand and the added player from Sweden. Then we also have Emily who transferred from a university in Arkansas (I believe it was U of A in Little Rock).
Cider Jim wrote:Don't panic--it's wasn't Green or the IU transfer that was mentioned. :nono
Only Big East caliber players on the roster besides Green is Baker and Barbour.

That’s unfortunate Bonny is leaving. Heard good things about her. She’s used her redshirt so I wonder where she’s going to go.
ballah09 wrote:Only Big East caliber players on the roster besides Green is Baker and Barbour.
Nope, neither of those either. That's why I'm thinking this source is only providing a rumor, at best.
ballah09 wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Don't panic--it's wasn't Green or the IU transfer that was mentioned. :nono
Only Big East caliber players on the roster besides Green is Baker and Barbour.

That’s unfortunate Bonny is leaving. Heard good things about her. She’s used her redshirt so I wonder where she’s going to go.
There could be reasons she will not be playing next year other than transferring. I suspect that is the case, since there would really be no reason for chainsaw not to say so if she is transferring.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]