Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:Got to feel bad for GT. They got blindsided by Augusta.
Augusta has a really good golf program, despite the fact that they are a D2 school except for mens and womens golf. They won back to back national championships in 2010-11 and their home course (the school actually owns and operates it) is the second most famous in town........ Forest Hills.

This was a disappointment. Our recent history in golf has been strong finishes. Not today.
By LUDad
flamehunter wrote:
LUDad wrote:Going 7 strokes over par (10 counting the 5th player) over the first three holes of the tournament did not leave us any room for error.
I won't argue that fact, but on a day when most teams were improving on their first two rounds scores, we had our worst day. We were the third highest score for the day, ahead of only the two schools who were completely out of it the whole tournament.
I agree, LU needed to finish strong but they didn't. No excuses there. But playing the woulda, coulda, shoulda game, Liberty was up to 17 under near the turn. Had they had that addition 7 stoke cushion pushing them to 24 under they might have played more relaxed and certainly could have played more conservative (using 3 woods off some of the tee boxes vs. drivers, etc.). Just hurts being so close and not closing the deal.
Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]