The guys aren't the only ones swinging bats in the spring. You can follow the squad throughout the season and even get the latest on recruiting.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Someone peed in Flamehunter’s cereal today.

I understand the query from someone who honestly doesn’t know. First inclination was probably something like, “I’d never think of doing that.” Follow-up is, “is that normal?” or “Does that happen a lot?”....because, “maybe I would go watch a football player.”

It could have been insinuation of the creepy by Class, but he clearly said that wasn’t his intent. If he says so, just drop it. Why so defensive, hunter?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
there's a simple way to ask the original question, but before I say it, I have a question for 20 something.

Have u ever been to a college softball game ?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
there's a simple way to ask the original question, but before I say it, I have a question for 20 something.

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Someone peed in Flamehunter’s cereal today.

I understand the query from someone who honestly doesn’t know. First inclination was probably something like, “I’d never think of doing that.” Follow-up is, “is that normal?” or “Does that happen a lot?”....because, “maybe I would go watch a football player.”

It could have been insinuation of the creepy by Class, but he clearly said that wasn’t his intent. If he says so, just drop it. Why so defensive, hunter?
I don't eat cereal thanks. Not defensive, just called it like I saw it. Sorry if I stepped on toes but I can't stand calling someone's character into question either through intent or just careless verbiage. Also, sorry for taking this thread way off topic.
20something- I'll take you at your word.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach was a career military policeman in the U.S. Army and even sings in the TRBC choir. He's about the most loyal and trustworthy Christian I know.
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote: there's a simple way to ask the original question, but before I say it, I have a question for 20 something.

I have neither been to a high school nor collegiate softball game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach was a career military policeman in the U.S. Army and even sings in the TRBC choir. He's about the most loyal and trustworthy Christian I know.
Catholic Priests were seen as pretty trustworthy
By Class of 20Something
Cider Jim wrote:Ballcoach was a career military policeman in the U.S. Army and even sings in the TRBC choir. He's about the most loyal and trustworthy Christian I know.
I'm certain that is all true. I don't doubt his character at all. I was simply asking if the parents are usually okay with his presence and is it considered normal. We can know his character, but until an introduction is made, he is a stranger.

My initial thoughts would be to think that is an unusual situation. But rather than just believe that, I chose to ask the person in that situation. I don't know how I'd react as the parent.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
You're crossing the line with that joke PH!!!!!

What is happening to this place???
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
You're crossing the line with that joke PH!!!!!

What is happening to this place???
I’m just pointing out that Ciders criteria isn’t very strong.
I’m sure ballcoach has no nefarious intentions but in this day and age it’s a little creepy for older guys to be mainly hanging around HS and College Women’s sports. One thing if they have a connection another if they don’t.
Again, I have no concern over ballcoach
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:No. You're just a jerk! :)
Well, yes but what does that have to do with my post? :lol: 8)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple is the same guy who likes to joke about the Marshall plane crash that took 75 lives, so no topic is off limits with his "humor." :frustrated
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Purple is the same guy who likes to joke about the Marshall plane crash that took 75 lives, so no topic is off limits with his "humor." :frustrated
I don’t recall joking about that but I remember you saying I did. But you are right. Few sacred cows for me!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Other than player's parents, most "loyal" college softball fans are older adults. When you see SEC attendance figures of 2,000-3,000 at a game, it isn't 3,000 students, the majority are older adults.

20 Something, since you have never been to a college softball game, I suggest that come next season, you go to several. Learn the game and the atmosphere surrounding college softball.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Other than player's parents, most "loyal" college softball fans are older adults. When you see SEC attendance figures of 2,000-3,000 at a game, it isn't 3,000 students, the majority are older adults.

20 Something, since you have never been to a college softball game, I suggest that come next season, you go to several. Learn the game and the atmosphere surrounding college softball.
20 has a legitimate question. You are obviously a huge LU Softball fan so going to an LU softball game is not a big deal. You are also a huge college softball fan so going to a college softball game is t that big a deal. You live in Gretna. Going to a Gretna HS Softball game is t that big of a deal But I can absolutely see how someone would question why an older guy spends time going to random sporting events that young girls participate in where they have no real tie in. JK goes to HS girls basketball games as part of his job. Being from Gretna and going to say, an Amherst. Heritage softball game would be odd
Again, nor questioning your motives at all. But totally understand where 20’s questions come from. It’s an unfortunate fact of life nowadays
By Class of 20Something
ballcoach15 wrote:Other than player's parents, most "loyal" college softball fans are older adults. When you see SEC attendance figures of 2,000-3,000 at a game, it isn't 3,000 students, the majority are older adults.

I have definitely enjoyed watching the last few weeks of this season on TV. I might let you coach me up on it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:It's evident that you don't know much about softball. (high school or college)
It has nothing to do with softball
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Here is the sad truth: We should not have to worry about "creepy old men" going to girls games... but we do. It is sad that good people (like Ballcoach) have their intentions questioned... but they will.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: JK goes to HS girls basketball games as part of his job.
Worst part of my job. :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: JK goes to HS girls basketball games as part of his job.
Worst part of my job. :D
Yeah but some of the coaches make it entertaining
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Here is the sad truth: We should not have to worry about "creepy old men" going to girls games... but we do. It is sad that good people (like Ballcoach) have their intentions questioned... but they will.
I don’t think anyone here has.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
alabama24 wrote:Here is the sad truth: We should not have to worry about "creepy old men" going to girls games... but we do. It is sad that good people (like Ballcoach) have their intentions questioned... but they will.
I don’t think anyone here has.
I didn't say it had! lol :lol: The post that started it all:
Class of 20Something wrote:Just as a 3rd party observer here. Do parents usually do well with older, non university affiliated men talking to their underage daughters?
Class of 20Something's motives for posting can be interpreted in many ways. Simply taken at face value, the question is asking "Do parents get nervous under those conditions."

In today's wicked culture, parents are right to be concerned... but it is a sad state that they need to be so.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]