Here is the place for all other LU sponsored sports. Come here to post about: Men's/Women's Cross Country, Men's Golf, Men's/Women's Soccer, Men's/Women's Tennis, Men's/Women's Track & Field, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Swimming & Dive, Women's Volleyball

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By A Sea of Red
Posts Custom
2018-19 ASUN championship locations:
Men's & Women's Cross Country - NJIT
Women's soccer - campus sites, final 4 - #1 seed
Men's soccer - campus sites, final - top remaining seed
Volleyball - Kennesaw St
Indoor track & field - TBD
Men's basketball - campus sites
Women's basketball - campus sites
Mens & Women's tennis - Stetson
Men's & Women's golf - Braselton, GA The Legends Golf Club
Softball - FGCU
Men's & Women's outdoor track - North Florida
Baseball - TBD
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
A Sea of Red wrote:Softball - FGCU
:oldhag Ballcoach heading to Florida instead of Radford. :woohoo

Maybe LU could host baseball? :pray
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
A Florida venue may be far away, but anywhere in Florida is better than Radford. But with LU joining the conference, some of these championship venues could change. It would be great if they would move softball to LU.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Will ballcoach be looking at upgrading his vehicle to make these now longer road trips?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
He may just visit Enterprise and rent a car.

I researched FGCU's softball stadium. It seats 400, but record attendance is 1000+ when Alabama played there several years ago.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:He may just visit Enterprise and rent a car.

I researched FGCU's softball stadium. It seats 400, but record attendance is 1000+ when Alabama played there several years ago.
I guess you don’t support the NRA :D

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/26/its-t ... ent-a-car/
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LU still uses Enterprise for car and minivan rentals.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:LU still uses Enterprise for car and minivan rentals.
They hate the NRA!!!!! 8)
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Found it interesting and satisfying how little Ian's name was dragged through the mud in the national news cycle through this announcement.
By LUDad
Stetson (# 6 in rpi) is playing Jacksonville (#16 in rpi) in winners bracket today. Need to up our game next year.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I would like to think we need to "up our game" in every sport. I have yet to research the ASUN in depth, but it appears to be tougher than BSC in every sport.

The LU Bookstore should stock some ASUN caps and t shirts.
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote:I would like to think we need to "up our game" in every sport. I have yet to research the ASUN in depth, but it appears to be tougher than BSC in every sport.

The LU Bookstore should stock some ASUN caps and t shirts.
They need to sell more items that has the school name and logo on the item. I would like to get the classic navy blue w/ white baseball jersey but thats not sold. We really need to step up the merchandise game.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
and lower prices on what they already stock. Every time I purchase something I feel I have been robbed without a gun.

Speaking of high prices, at the Regional softball tournament in Columbia, caps and T shirts were 28.00, and Programs 8.00
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:and lower prices on what they already stock. Every time I purchase something I feel I have been robbed without a gun.

Speaking of high prices, at the Regional softball tournament in Columbia, caps and T shirts were 28.00, and Programs 8.00
You repeatedly complain about costs but admit you know nothing about the business side of sport. So instead of complaining about prices, tell us what you think they should cost and why. Also tell us what type of shirt, how many colors etc.
By LUDad
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:and lower prices on what they already stock. Every time I purchase something I feel I have been robbed without a gun.

You repeatedly complain about costs but admit you know nothing about the business side of sport. So instead of complaining about prices, tell us what you think they should cost and why. Also tell us what type of shirt, how many colors etc.
I'll help ballcoach a bit on this one. The programs were completely generic and were filled with ads. For the amount of ads and the price I would have expected a program customized to each regional (or at least an insert pretaining to that particular region).
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
At BSC baseball tournament, they had basically same type program, maybe better. They were FREE.

No t shirt should cost over 10.00
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:At BSC baseball tournament, they had basically same type program, maybe better. They were FREE.

No t shirt should cost over 10.00
Do you know how much a plain t shirt costs?
By Jonathan Carone
A blank T-shirt from a whole seller can cost anywhere from $4-$7 for decent quality and $8-$12 for soft shirts or tri-blends.

Then you have to add in screen printing, shipping, licensing, and labor.

The bookstore is overpriced, but the $10 expectation is about 20 years old.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:A blank T-shirt from a whole seller can cost anywhere from $4-$7 for decent quality and $8-$12 for soft shirts or tri-blends.

Then you have to add in screen printing, shipping, licensing, and labor.

The bookstore is overpriced, but the $10 expectation is about 20 years old.
I know YOU know
2024 Recruiting Discussion

When you have a chance to pick up a talent like th[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]