Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

cruzan_flame13 wrote:When will the start using the academic lawn instead of the football stadium?
I think our identities have been revealed to each other.

No, we didn't attend, but we did watch on TV. Twitter had a few pics from families if you search for Liberty University.

I don't see a reason to move it to the lawn. Having worked at UVa's graduation, their lawn is entirely clover. There isn't a hint of grass in the entire stretch. Lawnvo is enough to give the ground crew a heart attack. Adding in 40,000 people to it would be their nightmare. You also can't see anything on the Lawn at UVa. The stadium provides a great setting to seat an appropriate number of guests. If they can fit 50k comfortably, I can't think of a reason to move it.
Class of 20Something wrote:
LUAlum1215 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:On another note, commencement was packed. They're saying about 50k. The berm was completely unused. But it looked fantastic filled to the brim.
Empty berm was by design.
KEEP OFF THE FAKE GRASS
Lol
olldflame wrote:How is seating on the berm going to be handled from a ticketing perspective?
Blades of grass will be individually numbered :lol:
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:How is seating on the berm going to be handled from a ticketing perspective?
Hah!

Obviously it will be general admission. Just wondering if it will be a separate category from other general admission seating (if that still exists).
Purple Haize wrote:
Is it bring your own cardboard sled or will those be provided? I'd like to see a ramp just above the band.
At the bottom of the berm is a brick wall, so be careful. :medic
The band is on the other side of the brick wall.
olldflame wrote:
thepostman wrote:Will the berm even be utilized at all since it's said to be so steep?
They supposedly corrected that problem. Hard to imagine they would build something they can't use.
They did reduce the grade some but It is still incredibly steep. With even a little moisture on that turf it would likely be too slick for safe use. My personal opinion is they changed the grade more so for preparation to install concrete and seats there down the road. If you look at the berm where it meets concrete on the east and west sides, it is very similar in angle to the current stands. All that would be needed is to pour concrete and construct permanent seats since the dirt work is done.
flamehunter wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:At the bottom of the berm is a brick wall, so be careful. :medic
The band will break the fall.
Hold my beer...
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]