The most successful program on Liberty Mountain deserves its own forum. We give Coach Green and the Lady Flames their props while breaking down their run to the Big Dance once again.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, thesportscritic

By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
FGCU will be the dominant team in this conference. 30-4 last year.
By Jonathan Carone
Women's basketball is one of the intriguing parts of this move. Carey has built this program into a Big South elite, but hasn't done a ton outside of the league recently. How will he adapt to the new league? Can he build the team up to that next rung to compete with FGCU? Does he want to?
By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote:Women's basketball is one of the intriguing parts of this move. Carey has built this program into a Big South elite, but hasn't done a ton outside of the league recently. How will he adapt to the new league? Can he build the team up to that next rung to compete with FGCU? Does he want to?
I don’t think he has a choice if he wants to keep his job.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
FGCU has been on the cutting edge of offensive evolution for several years now. Jacksonville won a title, but their coach just took Ole Miss job. Stetson is traditionally strong and far more athletic than any BSC teams. Jacksonville falls into that category as well. Kennesaw is on rise based on last couple recruiting classes. BSC has improved, but Liberty steps into a league that will be a much more difficult win the first couple years.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:FGCU has been on the cutting edge of offensive evolution for several years now. Jacksonville won a title, but their coach just took Ole Miss job. Stetson is traditionally strong and far more athletic than any BSC teams. Jacksonville falls into that category as well. Kennesaw is on rise based on last couple recruiting classes. BSC has improved, but Liberty steps into a league that will be a much more difficult win the first couple years.
It’s safe to say the name on the front of the jersey won’t count for much in the ASUN whereas it did to varying degrees in the Big South.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I don’t understand. What do you mean?
By cruzan_flame13
JK37 wrote:I don’t understand. What do you mean?
I wonder if PH is implying of the long history with the Big South. We did become dominant in some cases, but now we are in new territory. Already saw some Lipscomb fans declaring that they are the true LU. This is going to be interesting :D. PH if I’m incorrect, please do tell what you are trying to point out.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Ok now I see. I was thinking of name on front of other BSC jerseys. PH meant the name “Liberty” being intimidating to BSC opponents.

I am familiar with several programs/coaches in ASun. I guarantee that will mean very little to them the first go-round in the conference.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:I don’t understand. What do you mean?
Being so dominate for so long, despite the dips here and there, was good for a couple of points a game against other teams especially at home. LU was the Standard everyone was trying to surpass and it was in their heads. The Tradition of winning was worth a lot and was good for a couple of Titles. It won’t be in the ASUN
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As for Lipscomb being the real "LU" of ASUN, I doubt that will happen. I follow college sports very closely, (some more than others). When Liberty joined ASUN, I had to research which state Lipscomb was located in. I think it would be safe to say that Liberty has a stronger/bigger name than Lipscomb.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, Lipscomb was founded as a Christian college in Nashville in 1891, so they have a little more history than our LU, like 80 years worth.

And you are probably old enough to remember one of their most famous alumni:

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:As for Lipscomb being the real "LU" of ASUN, I doubt that will happen. I follow college sports very closely, (some more than others). When Liberty joined ASUN, I had to research which state Lipscomb was located in. I think it would be safe to say that Liberty has a stronger/bigger name than Lipscomb.
Though LU is well known in Christian circles it is still relatively unknown outside of that. I still find myself telling people where the school is when I say I'm a graduate.
By Chainsaw777
JK37 wrote:FGCU has been on the cutting edge of offensive evolution for several years now. Jacksonville won a title, but their coach just took Ole Miss job. Stetson is traditionally strong and far more athletic than any BSC teams. Jacksonville falls into that category as well. Kennesaw is on rise based on last couple recruiting classes. BSC has improved, but Liberty steps into a league that will be a much more difficult win the first couple years.
Can you explain what, "cutting edge of offensive evolution" means? I'm just interested what they are doing and if that would help the Flames as well.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:As for Lipscomb being the real "LU" of ASUN, I doubt that will happen. I follow college sports very closely, (some more than others). When Liberty joined ASUN, I had to research which state Lipscomb was located in. I think it would be safe to say that Liberty has a stronger/bigger name than Lipscomb.
Though LU is well known in Christian circles it is still relatively unknown outside of that. I still find myself telling people where the school is when I say I'm a graduate.
I'd wager that more people- not just in Christian circles- are familiar with the Liberty University name than Lipscomb, no matter how old the school. Ten years of marketing trump 100+ years of semi-obscurity. Now what people think Liberty is...that might be questionable.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You're probably right but it is still much more of an unknown than I think people within the Liberty bubble would like to admit.

The obscurity, despite the enrollment numbers, was one of the driving factors of going FBS.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Chainsaw777 wrote:
Can you explain what, "cutting edge of offensive evolution" means? I'm just interested what they are doing and if that would help the Flames as well.
The combination of actions they use is unique and extremely difficult to defend. Best way I can describe it is a motion-Princeton hybrid continuity, but even that isn’t accurate. They barely recruit, and still win big with it every year.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]