This forum is pure hardball. Bring the heat in this discussion of Flames baseball.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By WestPAGator
Where did all the baseball experts go? Still think Jackson is putting out the best/strongest lineup?
By Jonathan Carone
I think we have no pitching and have hit the wall that inexperienced and/or young pitchers hit.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Who are the young inexperienced hitters? No frosh production that i can see. Todd artis galazin and locklear are the only consistent production i see and they are all vets. Allen and embry to a lesser degree but they are vets. Maybe Matthieu but he has been boom or bust all year.

Jackson has his work cut out. His first recruiting class looks weak outside of todd and skirrow and todd will likely be gone. Honestly i cant see much better next year. Pitchers like degroat after TJ have really struggled like bertsch last year and herndon before that.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jinxy wrote:Who are the young inexperienced hitters? No frosh production that i can see. Todd artis galazin and locklear are the only consistent production i see and they are all vets. Allen and embry to a lesser degree but they are vets. Maybe Matthieu but he has been boom or bust all year.

Jackson has his work cut out. His first recruiting class looks weak outside of todd and skirrow and todd will likely be gone. Honestly i cant see much better next year. Pitchers like degroat after TJ have really struggled like bertsch last year and herndon before that.
I kinda expected more out of Jackson by now. Artis played better last year. Not any overall team improvement from last year to this year. We have had some key injuries, etc. I am willing to wait another or two. He is a great guy and a good LU fit, but can he win? We will just have to see how things go in the near future.
By Jonathan Carone
jinxy wrote:Jackson has his work cut out. His first recruiting class looks weak outside of todd and skirrow and todd will likely be gone.
He was hired in July of his first year. What do you expect out of a rushed recruiting class? If this year’s freshman class doesn’t develop then yeah, you’ve got a leg to stand on. That first year is a wash.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Coach Jackson will get the job done. It will take time.

We beat Radford 11-10 today. Pitching wasn't good, but we scored 11.
By elvisistheking
What makes you so sure Jackson “will get the job done?” They lost two out of three to a supposedly inferior team. Scored 11 runs on a depleted pitching staff and barely won. My opinion for what it’s worth, is that the jury is still way out on Jackson.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
I wonder if there is a stat for leaving runners on base (LOB)? It seems we should be near the top (worst) in the country.
By Class of 20Something
Chippy wrote:I wonder if there is a stat for leaving runners on base (LOB)? It seems we should be near the top (worst) in the country.
Runners Left In Scoring Position is tracked in MLB. I'm not sure about college.
By Jonathan Carone
elvisistheking wrote:What makes you so sure Jackson “will get the job done?” They lost two out of three to a supposedly inferior team. Scored 11 runs on a depleted pitching staff and barely won. My opinion for what it’s worth, is that the jury is still way out on Jackson.
The jury is definitely still out on him. I believe he’ll get the job done for a few reasons:

1) His reputation - people in the business speak very highly of him and he was a top tier assistant coach

2) His approach - he approaches the game in a smart way that puts us in position to win

3) His character - he does things the right way and is a great fit for the university

We will have to see if his recruiting and player development is where it needs to be. I think it will get there but that’s the unproven part right now.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Anyone not happy with Jackson, probably doesn't know much about college baseball. We are fortunate to have him, along with the pitching coach. Just give him time,
By elvisistheking
Idk, I’m not so sure about this coach. But I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In college baseball, 2 things must happen.

1. Recruit
2 . "Coach them up"
By Jonathan Carone
elvisistheking wrote:Idk, I’m not so sure about this coach. But I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.
That's because just like WestPAGator, you have an axe to grind because of personal issues.
By elvisistheking
If I have an “axe to grind “ it’s with you, insinuating you know anything about me.

I read your post and 3 very generic talking points highlighting this coach’s attributes.
Could have said the same thing about Toman and a whole slew of other coaches.

As I said, I’m willing to give Jackson the benefit of the doubt for now. And please don’t tell me you know anything about someone’s character, unless you know them personally.
By Jonathan Carone
My assumption was based on you posting for the same IP address as WestPAGator.

As for my generic points, 2 and 3 definitely don’t apply to Toman.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:My assumption was based on you posting for the same IP address as WestPAGator.
Pretty sad.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
my guys had to walk off on Radford twice. They can hit. and don't have horrible front line pitching. Jackson is fine. All of the ACC guys speak very highly of him. Those who have issues with him are either parents/friends of a bench player not getting playing time. or have no idea what he's squeezed out of this team with the pitching injuries and lack of depth. I'm guessing the fact that two people are posting from the same IP address indicates its only really one person who has a serious issue with Jackson.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:My assumption was based on you posting for the same IP address as WestPAGator.

And with that he goes silent...
By elvisistheking
thepostman wrote:

And with that he goes silent...

So if someone has a differing opinion they obviously have some sort of conspiratorial agenda to fulfill.

Furthermore, looking up IP addresses seems unsavory and vindictive. You may think you know but you don’t really.

Please contact me directly if you want to discuss this further as this is getting ridiculous.

Btw, I am not westpagator.
By Class of 20Something
Man, the drama here has been through the roof lately! And while it is entertaining, can football season come back so we are too preoccupied to have these kinds of "discussions."
By Jonathan Carone
elvisistheking wrote:So if someone has a differing opinion they obviously have some sort of conspiratorial agenda to fulfill.

Furthermore, looking up IP addresses seems unsavory and vindictive. You may think you know but you don’t really.

Please contact me directly if you want to discuss this further as this is getting ridiculous.

Btw, I am not westpagator.
When someone shows up in the middle of a rough patch criticizing a coach in the same way as a small minority, it’s standard practice to check if that person is just the same person stirring up issues under a different username. In your case, it’s obvious you’re not WestPAGator but that there is a relationship there as evidenced by posting from the same IP address on some posts.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Im with flameshaw in that i expected more. If the class was rushed we should have went mofe juco heavy to bridge the gap since your not getting the HS talent you want anyway. Our pitching is an unmitigated disaster and a healthy degroat and mcinvale would have helped some but not enough to fix the development issues. I dont see anyone thats gotten better is my biggest problem. I like jackson and i hope he is the guy. The third year will be a big year for this staff to show something.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I love how some people think coaches can just snap their fingers, and JuCo prospects just flow into a program. “Just go JuCo” - it ain’t that easy. So whose to say Jackson didn’t look at that?
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]