Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

With our Big XII offense, this might be the P5 we snag this season.

UVa has dismissed two linemen and two just retired from football. They are returning five D Linemen in total including a TE>DE convert. They have three incoming freshmen and one grad transfer.
Class of 20Something wrote:With our Big XII offense, this might be the P5 we snag this season.

UVa has dismissed two linemen and two just retired from football. They are returning five D Linemen in total including a TE>DE convert. They have three incoming freshmen and one grad transfer.
I will wake you up after we beat them.
20something, I may be a UVa alum, but I like the :koolaid you're drinking.
Uva will likely take a step back this year. Their 3 best defensive players all graduated in blanding kizer and brown. Benkeert the qb graduated as well after a very good senior year so they will be breaking in a new qb. Im not sure they have much on the o line as well. I cant pick us to beat anybody outside of nmsu for sure until i see what we have on defense. We were terrible last year and arguably lost 3 of the 5 players we had on d with mckinney turner and mcginty all moving on for different reasons. I do think we have potentially solid corner play anchored by peters and 2 guys that can get after the qb in lemonier and wells. Still not sold we can stop the run.
Jonathan Carone wrote:That’s an important category.
It is indeed. :(

I'm not expecting that we perform like we did against Baylor for every game, but with some help in the trenches, there isn't any reason to believe that we shouldn't have the ability to duplicate it against better competition.

I am sipping on some koolaid but it's a new season with new hopes to be shattered.
Class of 20Something wrote:

I'm not expecting that we perform like we did against Baylor for every game, but with some help in the trenches, there isn't any reason to believe that we shouldn't have the ability to duplicate it against better competition.

I am sipping on some koolaid but it's a new season with new hopes to be shattered.
“New hopes to be shattered” lol that statement is so true!

Afraid it is going to be that way until............................................. you know. :)
flameshaw wrote:

Afraid it is going to be that way until............................................. you know. :)
I'm young so I can do this all day. Who kicked your puppy?
TH Spangler wrote:If the Spiders can take them in an off season, so can we. I'm plan to go.
I'd go just to get Bodo's Bagels.

I really am on the fence about that game. I probably won't make a decision until a week out. It's not like Scott Stadium is going to sell out.
Class of 20Something wrote:I'd go just to get Bodo's Bagels.
That's Yankee food. I'd go for Mellow Mushroom or Wood Grill or Popeye's. I also hear that Cville has Duck Donuts.
Cider Jim wrote:
That's Yankee food. I'd go for Mellow Mushroom or Wood Grill or Popeye's. I also hear that Cville has Duck Donuts.
I grew up in C'ville. Bodo's, The Flat(a crepes place), Christian's Pizza, and Marco & Luco(known locally as the dumpling place). Lynchburg has better food overall, but there are some tasty places for cheap.
Cider Jim wrote:
I grew up in C'ville. Bodo's, The Flat(a crepes place), Christian's Pizza, and Marco & Luco(known locally as the dumpling place). Lynchburg has better food overall, but there are some tasty places for cheap.
I’m going to get Bodo’s this morning. They have the best bagels! We are in town for graduation and my in laws live in C-Ville.
This quote was in the local paper today.
Mendenhall long has lamented the lack of talent and depth available to him and his staff. Friday, he told the board of visitors only 27 of the 81 players on the current roster are ACC caliber, with that number increasing to the mid-40s when the class of 2018 arrives this summer.
If that's right, LU is playing them at a good time. :football

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/caval ... 21ddc.html
Last edited by Cider Jim on June 12th, 2018, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't like UVA football, but I think UVA made a mistake hiring Mendenhall,. He should have stayed in BYU country.

But it not bother me if they never win another game.

My favorite quote was Mendenhall saying he wants to play the worst P5 team in the country each year., to meet ACC requirement of one P5 non conference game a year. That comment alone should be reason to fire him. Basically he wants to beat 6 cupcakes to go to a bowl game.
All P5 schools should refuse to play UVA for non conference games. Also all the non ACC caliber players on team should leave.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]