Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

ballcoach15 wrote:I wish we would have a permanent tunnel coming out of FOC rather than the inflatable one.
I see two tunnels built in already - one on each side. Visitor team comes out of indoor down the slope and through the east side tunnel and Flames out the west side. You might need to view it from iPad or iPhone to zoom inbut they are there. Technically covered portico and not a tunnel but it appears the logical place for both team entrances. Few stadiums have home team coming out the middle -nearly all come out corner of the end zone
From that angle, it looks like the east side upper deck is TWICE the size of the west side (Baptist) upper deck. :shock:
Last edited by Cider Jim on May 15th, 2018, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If they expand the Baptist side tower as much I’m hoping, it’ll create a wall that traps a lot of sound. Closing in the North end zone with new FOC may not do much for crowd noise, but’ll be an amazing final touch to the look of the place. Definitely gonna have something to be proud of when it’s done.
Cider Jim wrote:From that angle, it looks like the east side upper deck is TWICE the size of the west side (Baptist) upper deck. :shock:
The west upper deck size might be the same as the half of the east upper deck, so that they make a horseshoe for the future.
I think the new upper deck is the same depth and height as the other side, it's just the the tower takes up half of that side's space. There won't be a tower of any depth on the east side. The outside wall will look similar to the outside of the tower, but all the space will be tucked up under the east side upper deck.

west side stands + tower = east side stands in height and depth.
Last edited by VarsityLu on May 17th, 2018, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
A few photos I snapped earlier today:
https://imgur.com/gallery/4OWNpSR

Thoughts when walking through:
1) west upper deck is massive. It’s not even a fair comparison to the east upper deck.
2) 4 separate built in concession stands
3)the berm is stupid steep. I’m not sure people will be sitting on it as much as sliding down it. But it matches perfectly with both the east and west lower seats as far as angle goes, so thinking ahead to a ‘shoe?
4) it feels like a stadium, not a field with seats.

Edit: the asphalt in the first picture is only for commencement, it will be torn out next week.
LUAlum1215 wrote:A few photos I snapped earlier today:
https://imgur.com/gallery/4OWNpSR

Thoughts when walking through:
1) west upper deck is massive. It’s not even a fair comparison to the east upper deck.
2) 4 separate built in concession stands
3)the berm is stupid steep. I’m not sure people will be sitting on it as much as sliding down it. But it matches perfectly with both the east and west lower seats as far as angle goes, so thinking ahead to a ‘shoe?
4) it feels like a stadium, not a field with seats.

Edit: the asphalt in the first picture is only for commencement, it will be torn out next week.
East is the new side, west is the baptist side.
I vote for "A Sea of Red formerly FLAMESNATION President's suite" for Jerry's suite.

May be a bit lengthy but a great way to remind the administration of their pettiness and be petty all at the same time!
Jonathan Carone wrote:How about baptist side and student side. Can we all agree on that one? Then the FOC side and berm side.

Boom.

Done.

No more directions.

I actually thought that was already the unofficial names for each side.
LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]